Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of tab A, no account

(Topic created on: 03-05-2021 07:11 PM)
Hansey
First Poster
Options

My daughter's tablet was updated a couple of days ago, and since then we've been unable to access the tablet. The tablet keeps asking for a password (not pin) with "4 signs, including 1 letter". We can't restart or anything. I have tried her pin code as well.

I've googled the problem and tried the sollutions I found: restarting the tablet by pressing the power button and volume down for 15 seconds, restarting the tablet by pressing the power button and both volume buttons for 15 seconds, and trying the same password a couple of times to get the "forgot password"-option, but none of the things I've tried did any difference. 

She does not have a samsung account, therefore there is no accounts connected to the tablet.

I have the same model myself, but I have a samsung account, and when I downloaded the update it didn't ask for any password.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hi @Hansey, sorry to hear that you are struggling to access your tablet. If you don't remember the PIN/Password and there is no account linked to it, the next step to unlock it would be to send it to a Service Centre so that an engineer can flash it. You can book this with a repair here: Repair | Samsung UK

0 Likes
Hansey
First Poster
Options

Hi!

Thanks for replying. I remember the pin-code, but that is not working. The pin-code is four digits, but the password the tablet is asking for is "4 signs and at least 1 letter". We have never made such a password. 

She has come to terms with us having to reset the tablet to factory settings. Is there a way to do this?

0 Likes