Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of Galaxy Tablet A

(Topic created on: 16-06-2021 07:22 AM)
CJ_24709
Apprentice
Options

I have changed my password on my Tablet to a pattern but now I cannot remember it! it makes me wait 30 secs every time I get it wrong and I cant click on anything. when I change my password it says "password backed up" but I don't know how I can unlock it. I have contacted Samsung (sent them an email) and I am currently waiting for a solution, and I will post the solution in here, once they have got back to me! 

If anyone has had the same problem and managed to solve it, I would be grateful for any help to save Samsung some time. 

9 REPLIES 9
JamieWoody
First Poster
Options
You would most probably have to re format the device. They won't be able to assist you with unlocking it.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@CJ_24709: if you have forgotten your lock screen pattern then I recommend signing in to Find My Mobile using your Samsung account details via an internet browser, where you may be able to remotely unlock the tablet. Let me know how you get on. 

https://findmymobile.samsung.com

0 Likes
CJ_24709
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately I have tried using Samsung find my mobile but without any success!

0 Likes
CJ_24709
Apprentice
Options

I cannot re format the device either. it wont let me.

0 Likes
Elantra
First Poster
Options
I have a galaxy tab A too. I suggest you go to guest and work on guest mode and make it your new mode. Once the code or pin or whatever comes back to your head. Go onto normal and transfer everything. It happened on my old galaxy tab A6 deluxe.
0 Likes
CJ_24709
Apprentice
Options

I don't have a guest option whatever that is.

0 Likes
Elantra
First Poster
Options
Jeesus crist thats harsh mate... hope u resolve it soon
0 Likes
Charlie Chunk
First Poster
Options

You my friend are a genius. I've gone out and bought another tablet which I can now keep personal and work separate. It's working just fine as guest.

Thank you

0 Likes
Elantra
First Poster
Options
(:
0 Likes