Did you mean: 

Lock Admin User Account

(Topic created on: 20-04-2022 10:55 AM)
Colin1991
First Poster
Options

285218F8-687E-4349-92FD-703A4BA8A518.jpeg

Hi,

I have a child who uses a Samsung Galaxy tablet. The tablet is secured with family link and has parental controls. My wiz kid of a child has been able to bypass this by switching users to the admin account. They have been able to do this by pressing the person symbol at the top right of the device when the device is locked. This brings down a scroll with multiple users (admin and child accounts) and being able to press the admin account switching to the admin account freely. This bypasses the child lock and therefore prevents the tablet from being parental locked. They are also able to switch accounts via the settings app. I have attached a picture showing just how easy it is on the Lock Screen. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening to allow my child to use the tablet or to accept that they are a genius and have found a way to bypass parental controls.

Many thanks

Colin

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
MusabQ
Explorer
Options
Have you actually set a separate password for the admin account or have you just left it open, because if you've just left it open, your child can access the admin profile, but if there is a password, they can't get into it at all to turn off parental controls.
0 Likes
Colin1991
First Poster
Options

Hey,

The tablet has a lock pin which my child knows as it’s mainly to prevent the tablet being used by anyone else should the tablet get lost. This pin can be used for any account on the device. When I have been able to get onto the user settings, it doesn’t allow  the ‘Owner’ to set its own password, only allows the editing/changing the user name of the ‘Owner’ and that’s as much use it has. I have added a screenshot of the owner and only being able to edit name. Also a few screenshots of how easy it is switch users via the settings app. I have been able to hide apps on the admin account (including settings app on child’s account) but doesn’t stop my child from switching accounts easily via the Lock Screen as per screenshot in original post. 

Many thanks

FDD62B47-F2C7-4888-9216-FD792622E91E.jpeg

C9CB487A-6CA0-46C9-8934-59533E30C121.jpeg

5CCE3C9B-E03D-4538-A505-0067E56DE96C.jpeg

0 Likes
MusabQ
Explorer
Options
Does it have an option to add a guest account?
0 Likes
t_ertolga
First Poster
Options

same problem is there even "add user" is disabled.

0 Likes
Jam35
First Poster
Options

Hi! Did you ever figure this out?? My lad has just done the same and has been watching normal YouTube 

thanks

0 Likes