Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Letter Accents - Samsung Notes App (french keyboard)

(Topic created on: 26-05-2022 03:33 PM)
TabS8UltraWH
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I'm using the samsung note app to write some french text. I've got the french keyboard turned on but I'm struggling with accented letters. I can see these on the keyboard (its the S8 ultra keyboard cover and the e, a i, u & o keys also show the accented letter ) but don't know how to select them. I've tried holding the function key, command key, shift and control at the same time but no luck. Does anyone know how to do this??

Thanks, 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@TabS8UltraWH: Please try pressing and holding on the relevant keyboard letter, and this will bring up the accented options. Keep your finger pressed on the screen, swipe left or right to move between the different options, and release to select. Let me know if this helps. 

TabS8UltraWH
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew,

The above instructions work with the on-screen keyboard but not the keyboard cover. However, I just discovered you can select the accent key on the keyboard cover when the language is set to English but not when it's set to French. I think this option will be ok for me moving forward. Maybe its some querk of the software that the accent keys cant be sleected on the keyboard cover when the language is set to french. The on-screen selection option you described is useful to know though. 

Thanks for your help

Peter 

0 Likes
Solution
TabS8UltraWH
Apprentice
Options

Sorry, you select the accent by pressing Alt Gr and the key you want. So Alt Gr and e = é etc. Thanks

0 Likes