Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update for the Tab S7 Plus has slowed down my device.

(Topic created on: 24-09-2021 11:31 AM)
Mallone
Navigator
Options
I installed the latest update for the Tab S7 Plus yesterday afternoon and since then my tab has been intermittently lagging and the screen also becomes unresponsive. Is this just a "me" problem or a "we" problem?

I'm hoping that there's a quick fix for this because this is a pain.

Edit:

I've just installed the update. Here are the details of the update: 

Version: T970XXU2BUJ3 / T970OXM2BUJ3 
Size: 303.46 MB 
Security patch level: 1 Oct 2021 

This update has fixed the issues I was having.
64 REPLIES 64
Mallone
Navigator
Options
I've used my tablet for a few hours now and I'm pleased to say the latest update has fixed the issues I was having.
Mickaël Müller
Apprentice
Options

Still no response from them after reporting the bug. Currently on the XXXXXXBUI1 version with the Sept 1st security patch, and no option to upgrade... I'm in the US. Does anybody know if/when they will expand the patch to the US?

0 Likes
Mallone
Navigator
Options
It took them about a week to get back to just to say that they have received my report but then there was radio silence.
0 Likes
spf
Apprentice
Options
Just updated mine, fingers crossed
msorrels
Journeyman
Options

They replied to my support ticket with a generic "please reach out Samsung Technical Support Team at 1-800-726-7864"

I think it's pretty clear they borked the update and they have fixed it but haven't made the update available in the US yet, EU only.  I'm pretty sure they are only supposed to be doing quarterly releases now, so this EU Oct release is unexpected.  Perhaps they will make it available for the US and rest of the World soon.

0 Likes
Mallone
Navigator
Options
I don't know why they didn't choose to release the update worldwide because all Tab S7+'s use the same Snapdragon processor. Did you get yours from a carrier?
0 Likes
Mallone
Navigator
Options
How did it turn out?
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I'm glad they fixed the issue, I was wondering why we had an October security update. I never experienced the slow down myself on the last update. At least they do listen and got the issues fixed for others.
Mallone
Navigator
Options
It took them a bit of time but I'm grateful that they fixed it. Thanks again for all your help, Fiona.
Spike6680
Apprentice
Options

The issue for some of us is not fixed and again it was caused by the October update and not fixed by this update. I have the US version of the Samsung S7 plus and am still experiencing the problem. 

0 Likes