Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update for the Tab S7 Plus has slowed down my device.

(Topic created on: 24-09-2021 11:31 AM)
Mallone
Navigator
Options
I installed the latest update for the Tab S7 Plus yesterday afternoon and since then my tab has been intermittently lagging and the screen also becomes unresponsive. Is this just a "me" problem or a "we" problem?

I'm hoping that there's a quick fix for this because this is a pain.

Edit:

I've just installed the update. Here are the details of the update: 

Version: T970XXU2BUJ3 / T970OXM2BUJ3 
Size: 303.46 MB 
Security patch level: 1 Oct 2021 

This update has fixed the issues I was having.
64 REPLIES 64
Mallone
Navigator
Options
There are definitely quite a few of us who have been experiencing this exact issue. Let's just hope Samsung doesn't take much longer to resolve this because its already been at least 2 weeks.
Members_d9MktqH
First Poster
Options

Same Issue on Tab S7+ 5G. Samsung Support has no solution. It's a shame...

0 Likes
Mallone
Navigator
Options
Samsung Support are useless. I don't even know how many weeks I've been waiting now for them to sort this out and I'm sure they aren't going to bother with it anytime soon.

I also spoke to a Samsung expert or whatever they're called about a couple of unrelated issues and the information I received was completely wrong. I found the correct information on their pain to use website.
Mickaël Müller
Apprentice
Options

You are not alone, and I am glad to know that neither am I. Right after the update, the tablet started to randomly freeze for several seconds, on multiple applications, and the screen is unresponsive as you say. Quite disappointed that it happens with such a product and also hope that it will be fixed because it is indeed a pain.

Spike6680
Apprentice
Options

it seems like it's actually getting worse and samsung doesn't care. Every few minutes my screen becomes unresponsive. doesn't matter what app I'm in. It even galena when the tablet is locked. Tapping the screen several times does nothing and hitting the power always works.

Mallone
Navigator
Options
It's exactly the same for me. At times I have to tap the screen 20 times (yes, I counted!) for it to respond. Samsung doesn't care. And to think I was going to complete the Samsung trilogy by buying the Galaxy Watch 4.
0 Likes
msorrels
Journeyman
Options

My S7+ started doing this with the last update as well.  It will pause for 2-5 seconds at a time every minute or so.  It's really destroyed the usability of the tablet.  When it freezes up, animations/videos seem to keep playing but no input is processed at all. 

When I turned on the developer option to show touches even they don't get registered while it's locked up.  But the animated gifs keep playing (I see this mostly in Google News and Chrome since that's the only time I'm actively scrolling/working) It doesn't seem to effect video playback.

I haven't bothered trying to contact Samsung not sure it would matter if I did.  I don't see any way of rolling back the update either.

Mallone
Navigator
Options
I did send in an error report. Samsung got back to me about 3 weeks later to say that they will look into it. This was about a month ago. I don't think they'll do anything about it. If we're lucky, it'll get fixed if they release another update at some point in the distant future.
0 Likes
micstewart
Journeyman
Options

Just installed the October security update this morning and "freezing / stuttering" seems to be fixed

Mallone
Navigator
Options
Thank you for the heads up. I'll check to see if I have that update available.
0 Likes