Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just received Tab S8 Ultra. First impressions.

(Topic created on: 21-07-2022 02:47 PM)
Joneb
Apprentice
Options

The packaging was poor, a thin plastic wrapper style envelope. Inside it was a thin card padding over the tablet box. The accompanying tag and ear buds boxes were not protected. Inside the tablet box there was no protection either except the  compartments.

I was shocked and concerned about what the tablets condition was going to be but on opening it appeared fine. So as the online manual advised I began to charge it. It was at 44% when I plugged it in. Charging now.

4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I think whilst you need sufficient protection excess packaging needs to be avoided nowadays. Still need the best balance,pity if indeed it was inadequate @Joneb.

However glad the Tablet seems to be fine,though obviously you need to test it out. Can let us know you full experience at some point.🙂

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
It wouldn't be a Samsung parcel if the expensive goods you purchased weren't rattling around in an oversized box.

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Agree when I received mine it was in wrapping I wouldn't even post a letter, let alone a top end super thin tablet
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Joneb
Apprentice
Options
It turned out all fine.
0 Likes