Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with using Snote and multitasking on Galaxy Tab S6

(Topic created on: 16-03-2020 10:59 AM)
rahmani
Journeyman
Options

Annoying issues while experiencing Snote on Galaxy Tab S6:

1- Still the zooming problem is not solved by samsung. When you are writting, as the hand touches the screen, the zoon will change which is really on nerve. Why not to provide an option to fix the current zoom!?

2- When we split the screen (Snote | Chrome) and we crop a part of screen and inser it to the Snote, we shall select the screen using smart select by spen and save it to the gallery. But as soon as do that, we loose the splitted screen and then we will have only one app (chrome!). It really reduced the performance during note taking.

a. Why the developers did not considered drag and drop feature  from screen to snote (as we see in Ipad)? 

b. Why when the smart select is used, we loose the splitted screen!!?

3. We can not swap the apps in a splitted screen. When an app is left, I can not swap it with the right side open app!! The funny thing is that this function was available in the older tablets! 

4. Why in the new  Snote, we can not adjust the distance between the lines  in the background? In the older versions, there were different templates with different distances to choose from.

Are the Software developers in Samsung are downgrading the software in parallel to upgrading the hardware??

11 REPLIES 11
AntS
Options

Cheers @rahmani ! 🙂

I've let our software R&D team know about the stuff you've noticed there, along with your suggestions on how to make the app experience better. Me or one of the other Mods will let you know what the developers say. 👍

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@rahmani , Just adding, for that zooming issue, have you sent any error reports  with log files via the Members app on that issue? Could be useful for the developers to analyse, I reckon. :thinking-face::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Samsung Members > Get Help > Send Feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > attach a description and tick ‘send system log data’ > Send.

(Or: Long-press the Samsung Members icon on the Apps screen, and select Error reports from the dropdown menu, etc.)

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@rahmani ,  Some feedback from the developers:

Zooming problem:

" The concept of app : when detecting 2 position of hand touch > perform zoom feature
* Other concept : if detecting pen touch / pen hover all hand touch will be rejected
When writing by pen, user hand put on screen. So maybe multi touch of hand will be detected.
If detecting pen touch (writing / touch) or pen hover (hover icon displayed on screen), all hand touch will be rejected so won't perform zoom feature.
If the distance between pen and screen so far (a few centimeters), app cannot detect pen touch or pen hover. So app perform zoom as user claimed.

=> To prevent zoom while writing by pen, please keep the distance between pen and screen as small as possible for pen detecting available."

Adjusting distance between the lines in the background:

The developers have said that this is the new concept of the S Note app, and so they have no plans to change this at this time. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll keep you posted on how the other points you raised go, rahmani. 👍

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Swapping apps in split-screen.

The developers apparently removed the option due to "low usability". But you should still be able to use the feature via Multistar in the GoodLock app (which can be downloaded from the Galaxy Store). 👍

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Another update:

Keeping Split Screen When Using 'Smart Select'; and Ability to Drag-and-Drop Items.

The developers have advised that a full screen preview is required by the user-experience concept, so the split screen feature using 'Smart Select' can't be provided.

However, the developers are considering implementing a 'Drag-and-Drop' feature, so it's possible that may be available in the future. 👍

0 Likes
rahmani
Journeyman
Options

Hi Ants,

First many thanks for the feedbacks.

I have mentioned my comments under each reply.

Best wishes,

HRR

0 Likes
rahmani
Journeyman
Options
It is very useful as now we have no cintrol on the arrangement of the apps in a splitter screen.
The question is: Why it is removed!? What is gained by such downgrade?
0 Likes
rahmani
Journeyman
Options
Thendrag and drop feature is very very useful.
Just for your information: when I told my colleagues that this feature is only available in IPad, they all decided not to buy Samsung Tab.
The reason is that the developers of Samsung have forgetten one the main concepts behind multi screen feature: Interaction between open apps.

The is no such interaction in Samsung tablet while Apple very good knows that and provided such features for user (specially academics)

I hope it gets better in future.

0 Likes
rahmani
Journeyman
Options
as you have wide range of customers with different writing habits, it was better to make such possibility of customizing the app. For me it happens slot. And very annoying.
0 Likes