Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI Unknown on S6 Lite

(Topic created on: 19-05-2020 07:04 PM)
Holty54
First Poster
Options

I am trying to register my new S6 Lite tablet but when i search in settings for my IMEI number it just says "unknown". There is no sticker with an IMEI number on the back of the tablet and trying to call the *#06# number just gets a response saying that IMEIfind is not supported for S6! Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@Holty54: It sounds as though you have the Wi-Fi only version of the tablet, in which case there won't be an associated IMEI number, so no need to worry. For your peace of mind, registration of your product is for personal record only, as the warranty itself automatically activates on the date of purchase.
ck87
First Poster
Options

how would my phone service activate my tablet if there's no imei

CarloL
Hotshot
Options

If you have the Wi-Fi version of a Samsung tablet, you won't be able to use it as a phone as a SIM card won't be supported. If you would like to use your tablet as a phone, you will need to purchase a 4G/5G version and the IMEI will be present. 

Dominika83
Apprentice
Options

I've got the same question. So I'm trying to book the warranty repair today and rhe website is asking me for IMEI number, but because i do nir gave it and not able ro view ut how i suppose to book any repairs. Also serial number is not enough 

loribear1
Navigator
Options
thankyou for that answer , i too have been searching for the past half hour for an imei number , & could'nt find one , i even did a factory reset lol , but i CAN put a sim into my tablet according to utube , but they it can be very expensive as it just runs on data only apparently .
0 Likes
dkayb1
First Poster
Options

I need an imei for my tablet s6

0 Likes