Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imei or meid

(Topic created on: 08-05-2021 02:49 PM)
lar
Apprentice
Options
New tablet SM - T500 trying to register but cannot find if my tablet IS IMEI  or MEID can anyone help please 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @lar ,

congrats on your new Tab! If you got the Wi-Fi version the Tab won't have an IMEI as this is something that only the mobile phones or tablets with the LTE capacity have. Can I ask where are you trying to register this? Is this for the standard warranty? 

lar
Apprentice
Options
On the website and yes for the warranty.
0 Likes
lar
Apprentice
Options
Register on this site, under get help, then register. But trying to register again following the instructions how to find these IMEI or MEID is not where it should be.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As TessM stated, wifi devices do not have an IMEI.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
All you need is the serial number which is on the box, the back of the tablet etched in if you took the label off already or in System Settings>About Tablet
lar
Apprentice
Options
Hi @TessM
I have tried several times to register my tablet and still coming unstuck with the Meid number. I followed instructions setting, tablet, status but there is no mention of MEID number. Can I register by another means.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@lar: If you're having trouble registering the tablet on our website, then please head to the Samsung Members app on your tablet > Get Help > Register, to see if you have better luck from here. For your peace of mind, registration of the device is for your personal records and doesn't affect your warranty, which automatically activates on the date of purchase. 

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Are you using the right form? No IMEI or MEID is necessary if you have the SM-T500 Galaxy Tab A7. Only the SM-T505 would have an IMEI.
0 Likes
lar
Apprentice
Options
OK thanks for that. I won't try any more to register as I am feeling quite tense now. One comment was the MEID Can be found under the tablet but I don't want to start doing that, so will just leave it.
0 Likes