Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unenroll knox guard?

(Topic created on: 04-02-2022 07:27 PM)
A103
Apprentice
Options

I have a Galaxy Tab A7 T500 bought direct from Samsung which is giving an error of 'enrolled knox guard prevent flashing factory binary (vbmeta)' when trying to flash a new firmware image.

How do I either unenroll or disable knox guard?

5 REPLIES 5
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@A103 Hello, try resetting the device to factory settings! Greetings

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi you need to enable oem unlock to get passed the bootloader.
A103
Apprentice
Options

I have done a factory reset from the recovery menu, still get the same error when trying to flash the rom

0 Likes
A103
Apprentice
Options

I had done the oem unlock when I first flashed a rooted fw (it previously was rooted, then a week or so later after a reboot it started to give the vbmeta error, which it now also gives everytime I try to flash the fw)

I then flashed the stock fw back on to it, but ever since then I have been unable to get the oem unlock option to appear in the menu.  In download mode tho, it says that it is unlocked.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, I'm sorry about this but we do not discuss rooting or any other modifications which may invalidate someone's warranty. Same goes for Magisk.

I would suggest going back to the site you downloaded the rooted firmware and see if others had problems and whether there's a solution. As an alternative, take a trip iver to XDA Developers. There are some very knowledgeable people over there.

Best if luck, sorry we can't help 😔