Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to submit feedback to Samsung? (Issues with Tab S after a Factory Restore)

(Topic created on: 19-01-2023 11:49 PM)
ykt28403
First Poster
Options

I have a ten year old tablet (Galaxy Tab S) running Android 6.0.1. I chatted with tech support about two minor issues. I was able to get both issues resolved. However, the tech rushed to recommend a Factory Reset, which I was hesitant to do. He said it was completely safe, so I downloaded Smart Switch to backup my data, then did the Factory Reset. After the reset, I was unable to reconnect to my Samsung account, I kept getting an error "403 Sorry, the resource you want to access is forbidden, so this request has been refused. If you have any questions, please contact the administrator." I am able to log into my Samsung account on my laptop and in Google Chrome on the tablet, so it isn't a username or password issue. I tried restoring my data using Smart Switch but it kept crashing. By deselecting Applications, I was able to restore everything except my Applications. However, none of my preferences (like my lock screen) were restored. I tried doing a Factory Restore again but had the same issue not being able to reconnect to my Samsung account. I've spent nearly six hours today in chat and on the phone with both tech support, Account support, and SEA Digital Messaging (who provides support for Smart Switch at Samsung?). The only option a tech could recommend is that I bring the tablet in for repair, which would mean I won't be able to use it for many days. I don't even know if it can be fixed because it's such an old unit. It is bothersome that the first tech rushed me to do a Factory Reset, which used up many hours of my time and may result in me having to bring the tablet in for repair. I wasn't sure how to submit feedback to Samsung (I asked a chat tech and they said, "You can report a free to our Samsung developers team at the Samsung members app", but wouldn't answer what the Samsung members app was (I can't find it in the Play store). If someone at Samsung can get back to me, that would be great.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AntS
Options

Hi @ykt28403 , I've moved your post from the Community Feedback topic as it appears to be more a general query about how to send feedback to Samsung rather than feedback about the Community forum itself, and so deserves it's own topic.

Some info on the Samsung Members app: https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/samsung-members/ , and the page for it on the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.voc 

Which country are you based in?

And definitely odd that you'd get those issues following a Factory Reset. Assuming it's not just the age of the device, it hints that something not quite right is going on with the device itself or the data backup & restore, so bringing the tablet to be looked at by an approved Samsung technician might be the right course of action here to see if they can uncover the mystery and fix it. What were the minor issues you were chatting to tech support about initially?

ykt28403
First Poster
Options

How do I submit feedback to Samsung directly? It's very bothersome that the chat tech suggested I do something that resulted in my losing six hours of my time as well wasting the time bringing the tablet, which was working fine, into a Samsung technician to be looked at. The tech assured me multiple times that the reset would be 100% safe. 

The minor issues were that I couldn't turn off app icon badges (apparently, you can't do this in Android 6.0.1 anyway) and that, after I "uninstalled" Dropbox (which just reverted it to its factory version), I couldn't sign back in. This was fixed by updating Dropbox in the Play store.

Can anyone tell me how to resolve the error, "403 Sorry, the resource you want to access is forbidden, so this request has been refused. If you have any questions, please contact the administrator", when I try to reconnect to my Samsung account on the Tab S? Chat, tech support, and account support were unable to tell me.

0 Likes
ykt28403
First Poster
Options

I got an email asking "Did this solve your problem?" But I still don't know how to submit feedback to Samsung directly.

There are apps I used to have on the tablet that I can no longer get on the tablet. I'm very upset that a factory reset was recommended to me.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @ykt28403 ,

I'm sorry to hear that. You can submit your feedback to our developers via the Samsung Members app> Support> Under Send feedback press the desirable option. 

0 Likes
ykt28403
First Poster
Options

When I look up the Samsung Members app in the Google Play store, it says, "This app won't work for your device." It's a ten year old Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700 running Android 6.0.1.

0 Likes
ykt28403
First Poster
Options

Trying to Manage Accessibility. It says "tap the Home key three times in quick succession." However, every time I do, it only launches S-Voice. How do I Manage Accessibility on a Galaxy Tab S 8.4? I downloaded the manual but it isn't much help.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I'm sorry about that, this may not be compatible with your software version as the device hasn't received an update since 2016. I can see on the manual for this tab that the Accessibility Settings are available following this route: On the Settings screen, tap DEVICE → Accessibility.

0 Likes
ykt28403
First Poster
Options

When I go to Accessibility, it tells me I can "Open your accessibility settings by pressing the Home key 3 times in rapid succession." When I do so, it launches S-Voice. I turned off "launch S-Voice using Home key" and tried again. It just goes back to the Home screen.

On the second screenshot below, you'll see that my app is listed under "Services" as "Off". When I click on it, it tells me what would happen if I turned the service on (which is what I want) but I can't turn it on.

Accessibility-230127-1.pngAccessibility-230127-2_blur.jpg

0 Likes