Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force an app to change screen orientation from Portrait to Landscape?

(Topic created on: 27-09-2020 02:32 PM)
tech_clash_2007
Student
Options

Does anyone know how to force an app to change screen orientation?

From portrait to landscape and vice-versa. 

I don't what to download anything and program anything. 

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7. 

7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@tech_clash_2007: If you swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the Quick Panel, look for an option called Auto Rotate and make sure that this is highlighted. If you can't see it, look for a padlock symbol with Portrait or Landscape written below, and tap this so it changes to Auto Rotate. Please be aware that some apps are locked to a particular screen orientation, so you may find that you can't rotate the screen in some cases e.g. the Home screen will not auto rotate. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
tech_clash_2007
Student
Options

Yeah, I know about that because it is so obvious and I have been using Samsung for my whole life but not for 1 year maybe. 

It changes my orientation but for some apps it retrains. But in the older models, those apps were seen in the landscape mode (the perfect one) but now it is shown in the portrait mode. I don't why. 

0 Likes
Raytheeyebrows
First Poster
Options
recently acquired my tab s7+ and experiencing screen orientation problem with downloaded apps. difficult to use larger screen in portrait mode. Problematic. Please help.
Vortex4753225
First Poster
Options

I agree. This issue seems to have started with the latest Samsung update for my tab s7+ when playing Clash of Clans. Before, it would stay in landscape mode as it should. Now if I tilt tablet too much (which happens from time to time with my hand grip on the back ), then the app restarts in portrait mode, where honesty, this is a game that is meant to remain in landscape mode. Samsung, can you please put out a fix?

Frazank
First Poster
Options

Yeah same thing happens to me. Is it Samsung or Supercell. My old tab 3 was fine but the tab 7 rotates if I tilt the tablet and closes coc and restarts it

0 Likes
NightzW4tch
Student
Options

Hi,

I just got new Tab S7 FE yesterday and yes even after this long since first reported, some apps still seem persistent in portrait mode. So, I read a few reddit posts and found a fix (at least a workaround without downloading any third party apps).

Credits to LegendAks
4 mo. ago
No need to download any 3rd party app. This functionality is built right into the system.

Go to settings>Advanced features>Labs and there you'll find the option to force apps into portrait/landscape

abolfazlimahdi
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I hope you have found your solution by now. You can force this on Samsung tablet by going to 

Settings -> Advanced features -> Labs -> Auto rotate apps

here you can specify which orientation to be forced by the OS.

I hope this helps :smiling-face: