Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit quick panel on Tab S6

(Topic created on: 14-06-2020 12:50 AM)
JohnS6
Explorer
Options

Tablet updated a few days ago and now I cannot find how to edit quick panel to move the shortcuts around..anyone have any clues for me?? Tab S6 lte UK.

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
JohnS6
Explorer
Options

great, Main issue is with the S-Pen. When in gmail, i can select attachment_attach file then it take me to files. from this point the s-pen will not function, i need to use finger. Mouse needs a double click.

When i am in Samsung email client, i can select attachment, it then gives me the icons for apps etc to select from. if i select from My files, the s-pen can select everything fine. 

It appears to not have some sort of permission to "tap" on "files" but is ok on "my files"

pic 1, the s-pen does not work from this point. Pic 2, once i select files, s-pen does not work. pic 3 and 4, all works fine.

Screenshot_20200604-184456_Files.jpgScreenshot_20200604-185036_Android System.jpgScreenshot_20200604-184554_Email.jpgScreenshot_20200604-184604_My Files.jpg

0 Likes
JohnS6
Explorer
Options

Also, just to clarify, this s-pen issue applies to any other app that uses "files" rather than "my files", not just gmail.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks @JohnS6,

And has this issue also developed after the update? Were you able to use the S Pen in this way before the update? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps for the S Pen?
0 Likes
JohnS6
Explorer
Options

Yes, only since the update, it does it on the spen from my tabs4 and the one I kept from my Note7. Before the update, the only time I couldn't use the spen was when it was on Dex mode, which i assumed was normal, it now works fine on Dex mode.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Cheers, I want to rule out any hardware issues. Try this please: Samsung Members app > Support > Diagnostics > Test hardware > S Pen. Follow the instructions to complete this test and let me know how you get on.
0 Likes
JohnS6
Explorer
Options

Hi, I couldn't find support_diagnostics_test hardware_s-pen, but I did find tablet care_interactive checks_s-pen and this was ok, with no dead spots and hover was ok too.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That indicates that the S-pen is working correctly. have you checked if there is any pending software or apps update? Is this affecting any other apps or only your Email app?

0 Likes
JohnS6
Explorer
Options

It affects any app that uses "files" rather than "my files". In a previous message I sent pics of the different methods. Its almost like the spen does not have permission to use "files" selection, but is OK with the app "my files" for selecting attachments etc. Unfortunately files appears to be Samsung default for many apps and I cannot change that.

0 Likes
JohnS6
Explorer
Options

I select attachmentI select attachmentthen from here, pen doesn't workthen from here, pen doesn't work

0 Likes
JohnS6
Explorer
Options

Using another app gives me the "my files" option to pick my files, this works fine. Even trying to add these pics into this message wasn't possible with the pen as it used "files".Screenshot_20200614-004441_Email.jpgScreenshot_20200614-004505_My Files.jpg

0 Likes