Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the default orientation of apps running only in landscape to the right side (instead of the left side)

(Topic created on: 13-01-2023 02:24 PM)
shizz
Pioneer
Options

Hi, I have notice that when in portrait mode, all apps running only in landscape mode (ex Scratch Junior, Carrera Go, Manual Camera DSLR, ...) are opening with to be used on the left side of the Android device. This a very annoying for my child, as he has this case : where the normal landscape use if on the right side

shizz_0-1673618144405.png

How to set that apps running in landscape mode should use the right side for landscape mode and not the default left side ? (it is very annoying for a child to constantly have to shake the tablet to have it be in the opposite landcape mode)

2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@shizz: When turning the tablet to Landscape mode, the screen should orientate itself to match the direction you've turned it. I'm familiar with the case above, as the handle folds inward to create a stand. What I'd suggest is, once the tablet is set up as you want it, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom and tap on Auto rotate so it locks to Landscape mode. This should prevent you having to readjust the orientation of the screen, although please remember to re-enable Auto rotate when you want to switch back to Portrait mode. 

0 Likes
shizz
Pioneer
Options

Yes, with this case, the handle folds inward to create a stand, so the main landscape position is on the right.

shizz_0-1673681095031.png

The tip is not working as my child use Samsung Kids which does not allow this: Samsung Kids does not allow access to the auto rotate/landscape icon.

There is no place where I can set up the default landscape mode position in Android ? It is an very important issue. The most annoying is that it could be fixed easily with a simple option to choose the default landscape orientation when starting an app running in landscape from the portrait position.

0 Likes