Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Connecting Samsung DeX to Sony Smart TV

(Topic created on: 26-03-2021 06:55 AM)
Members_Z9oN7L4
Student
Options

Dear Samsung

My Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite has recently been update and it now has DeX. I am trying to get it to connect to my Sony TV KD49X8309

I put the TV in Screen mirroring mode and then hit the Dex button on the tablet. It flashes up a message something about it cannot run Dex very quickly  net puts the tablet into DeX mode not the TV

I tested Screen mirroring and that works fine.

Can I be pointed in the right direction so that I can get this functionality working

Regards

Des

5 REPLIES 5
arora
Apprentice
Options
hi
0 Likes
Members_Z9oN7L4
Student
Options

Hi arora

Read post tried the suggestions still no joy in getting Dex to work.

Does anyone have DeX working wirelessly with a Sony Smart TV?

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm not entirely sure, but the latest update for the S6 Lite included Dex but I don't think it supports wireless Dex.

https://youtu.be/NkIIUJT-dAs
0 Likes
AllAboutSmartph
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

S6 Lite gets DeX in the latest OneUI update but no wireless DeX.

You can mirror DeX to an external display using a different dongle, however.

20210406_083602.jpg

0 Likes
gvalg
First Poster
Options

I have Samsung Note 20 and a Sony TV. I would like to connect my phone's DEX to the TV. It seems to me that this is not working. What amazes me is the Samsung does not help us and tells us if this is possible, if then how. Also, if the devices are not compatible. I think this is not good customer service from Samsung. And not with the price of Samsung phones going through the roof, it is important for Samsung to maintain the reputation that it is a trustworthy company. In today's world, it is important to have access to one's information and, as in the case of DEX, Samsung boosts it as a great option, then make it usable.