Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI for Samsung Galaxy tab A

(Topic created on: 21-03-2020 10:12 AM)
KarenP
First Poster
Options

Hi - Can anyone receommend which sort of HDMI cable i need to connect my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) to either a TV or Tivo box please

0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48
companycmd
Apprentice
Options
and yes without HDMI this tablet which is only one year old is about to be bricked unless someone can get me a solution that works.
ArisMauMM
First Poster
Options

it is possible to connect in Samsung Tab A 10.1?

0 Likes
ArisMauMM
First Poster
Options
how is it compatible with Samsung Tab A?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@ArisMauMM: It isn't possible to connect the Galaxy Tab A 10.1 to a TV via HDMI, although if you have a compatible Smart TV then you can mirror the screen wirelessly using Smart View. To access this feature, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom using 2 fingers and tap 'Smart View' in the Quick Settings menu. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Bliss
Explorer
Options

Not everyone has a Samsung TV. Useless solution. Need a universal solution to plug via a universal standard like HDMI. Very anti consumer and anti competitive.  Shame on you Samsung. Every meeting room i go to has an hdmi to USB C. And most meeting rooms do not have samsung TVs. 

Most frustrating is that I can't even connect to an external monitor so my kids can use the tablet for school work. Waste of money. This tablet is useless. 

WillM1
First Poster
Options

When I connect my Galaxy S8 to the tv via HDMI, the picture goes through perfectly,  but the sound on my phone gets muted.  Is it possible to get picture AND sound? 

0 Likes
WillM1
First Poster
Options

20200414_212547.jpg20200414_212529.jpg

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @WillM1 

do you have any other device to try to connect it to your TV using this adapter? That will help us determine if the adapter is working correctly.

0 Likes
supportme
First Poster
Options

K so i am unclear from the posts above.

i have a galaxy tab A purchased last month. Galaxy Tab A SM-T510NZKAXAC (10.1, 2019)

Is it compatible with MHL? Is the problem people are having that they cant find a cable to go from USB-C to hdmi? or that the tablet simply does not support MHL. My projector has an MHL port but the device does have to support it. I don't really know anything about MHL, and its either new, or not very popular because there is not a super lot of information about it.

0 Likes
companycmd
Apprentice
Options
Sorry yes your Tab A is a brick when you walked out of the store with it. The device is designed and made to be unto itself, NOT with any other device on the market on this planet. Sorry that no one informed you of the uselessness of this product. Take it back if you can.
0 Likes