Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Haptic feedback, response (vibration)

(Topic created on: 14-08-2021 09:02 AM)
AndyLapland
Explorer
Options
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G 12,4" Wi-Fi+5G, Android 11:

How to turn on haptic feedback, response (vibration) when touching screen and keyboard?

Purpose of my question: when touching screen or virtual keyboard, I want to feel a small vibration in my fingertip. With my old tablet, Huawei Mediapad, it worked fine with Gboard keyboard but not with this new tablet.

I am a visually impaired and this feature woud help me a lot when using tablet

Spoiler

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @AndyLapland ,

let's see if this is available on your Tab. To check this you will need to head into the phone Settings> Sound and notifications> Vibration intensity> Touch interation> move the slider to the most suitable one.

Keep in mind that this may not be available for all the apps as these are developed in a different way than the phone ones so some features are not available on Tabs. 

0 Likes
AndyLapland
Explorer
Options

I checked settings: no vibration at all.  A very big minus for Samsung.

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
On my Tab S7 I found settings for this by going to...

Settings>Sounds and Vibrations>System sound/vibration control

There is the option to toggle on or off vibration for numerous things.Screenshot_20210814-080632_Settings_5286.jpg
0 Likes
AndyLapland
Explorer
Options

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE does not nave that kind of option. I have checked everything. Very disappointing.

0 Likes
Solution
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I guess it doesn't have a vibration motor.
0 Likes
Jugg
First Poster
Options
I also have a samsung tablet. SM-X205 a8 10.5, I have been in contact with Samsung who have assured me that this tablet has haptic feedback. I want it for calls. Nowhere in any literature for this stupid ta let does it say that it has NOT got vibration feedback for calls. Do Samsung know how their tablets work. Surely without this feature (which is good for visually impaired) it is a backwards step for Samsung and possibly prejudices again visually impaired people by not telling them about this important shortfall!
0 Likes