Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handwriting colour-choice wanted.

(Topic created on: 05-05-2023 08:33 PM)
Peibyn
Explorer
Options
I love the calligraphic style of the handwriting produced by the S-pen. However, I do wish Samsung would allow me to select a handwriting colour of my own choosing, rather then just blue or, in some apps, a kind of lilac-blue colour. 

I would love to handwrite in teal green. What colour would you like to write in?

Please use the Feedback area to ask Samsung to give us a choice of handwriting colours.
13 REPLIES 13
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Go to support at the bottom of the members page. Send feedback to the developers.
keith30
Maestro
Options
As for I'm aware you can change the pen ink colour when writing in the notes part but I think it only has four colours to choose from throu.
0 Likes
Peibyn
Explorer
Options
@Keith 30, in the Samsung S-Notes app you can select from a wide range of colours. But outside that app it seems one is restricted to blue. (Gboard handwriting also allows only one colour.)
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Peibyn. I appreciate your feedback. The option to change the colour of your handwriting when using certain apps would depend on the app developer(s) incorporating this feature.

For which particular apps would you like to change the handwriting colour, please?

Peibyn
Explorer
Options
Hello, @PaulM1.

Thanks very much for your helpful reply!

Instead of using the keys of the Samsung keyboard in any app in which writing is required, I use Samsung keyboard's handwriting option.

Samsung handwriting's settings (of which there are not many) can be accessed and altered in "Settings" > "Keyboard List and Default". So I would like for there to be in THAT section a choice of colours for use when handwriting, and just as the currently available options in that section apply to ANY app in which handwriting is used, I would like the chosen handwriting colour to apply across all apps in which I enter data by handwriting.

I currently use Samsung's handwriting facility, which is part of the Samsung keyboard, in any app in which writing is required. So, examples are: all of my email apps (on different Samsung devices I use Yahoo Mail, K-9, Gmail, and Fairemail); Google Docs (a word-processing app); Colornote (a note-taking app); Duolingo (a language-learning app); and several other apps. In all of these apps I am restricted by Samsung Keyboard's handwriting options to write only in blue (although in certain situations the colour changes to a dark lilac).

Within Samsung's "S-Notes" app there is an option to change the colour of handwriting, and that is great. When using that particular app I choose a colour other than the default blue. It is very limiting though that when I handwrite in all of the OTHER apps I am restricted to the default blue - although the other settings which I have chosen for Samsung handwriting pertain.

Surely Samsung's technicians could introduce into the Samsung keyboard settings an option to change the handwriting colour to an alternative default colour, which will then apply across ALL apps in which the Samsung keyboard can be accessed - just as the options which I have currently selected for Samsung handwriting pertain across all apps in which I use the handwriting option of the Samsung keyboard?

Thank you.

Peibyn.
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @Peibyn. I apologise for the later-than-intended reply. 

Thanks very much for your feedback, and for taking the time to make this suggestion. I've noted your suggestion and passed it on to our Research & Development Team to see if this facility can be incorporated into a future update.

I'll update the thread when I get feedback from the team. 

Peibyn
Explorer
Options
Thank you, @PaulM1. I much look forward to hearing from you further, once you have heard.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @Peibyn. You're very welcome.

I've had a response now. 👍

Our developers have noted (and I've edited this just to be succinct):  "Thank you for your valuable suggestion. For the issues you raised, we decided to wait and observe whether other suggestions of similar nature are raised in the market. Each person has different... preferences... and needs."

They go on to note that "We are doing our best to improve the product and we will refer to your opinion...

Handwriting on Samsung keyboard should support not only our app but also all 3rd party apps...We will collect (similar suggestions) and deliver them to the department in charge."

I hope that this reassures you that your suggestions are certainly being considered.

If you have any questions at all, please let me know.

Peibyn
Explorer
Options
Thank you, PaulM1. It really is good to know that my request will be given some consideration.