Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google play won't redeem code on gift card, its saying not in the same country.

(Topic created on: 16-07-2021 01:27 PM)
gmae06
First Poster
Options
Hi can anyone help just brought this tablet , Samsung galaxy tab A7 GB WiFi Android tablet( UK version) . I brought a Google play gift card online and in the shops and it won't let me redeem either codes as its saying that you have to be in the same country as purchase.  I'm in the UK and purchased in the UK. Checked settings in Google play and its on United Kingdom. Don't know where else to look. Thanks. 
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@gmae06: It seems like either the tablet or the gift card are intended for use outside the UK. If you have purchased a gift card from a high street retailer in the UK, then this suggests that the tablet is the issue. Can you confirm the full model number of the tablet, located on the back of the device? 

0 Likes
yournansshoes
First Poster
Options

We're having the same issue with gift cards bought today from amazon and instore at tesco I'm wondering if there's a google play store issue as so many have complained on amazon too. 

I've checked the devices and all set to uk, phones are contract mobiles which have been topped up previously with no issue.