Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play Store biometric fingerprint not working on Galaxy Tab S5e

(Topic created on: 15-04-2021 01:07 PM)
925Ebony
First Poster
Options
Hi,

I have just bought a Galaxy Tab S5e 128g last week, Smart Switch transferred everything from my old tablet to my new one. Realised after the second time I went to pay for a game that even though I have my fingerprint stored as my biometric unlocking for tablet and selected this as my paying option in Google Play Store settings, it does not offer me the option to pay with my fingerprint, just my password. 

Has anyone else had this problem?

I contacted Samsung and like they suggested I have cleared the cache, unselected and reselected the biometric option in Play Store settings, even checked the all permissions in Play Store apps settings and reconfirmed biometric for payment and it none of it works.
My fingerprint does however work on Ebay and PayPal apps so it's not the fingerprints itself or the system for it that's an issue.

They currently suggest putting my tablet on safe mode for a few hours (which it is) and seeing after that time if it works. If not I'll have to remove recent apps but that will be problematic as its less then a week old and near enough all apps are new/recent to it.

I'm hoping someone else has had this issue and can help just incase the safe mode does not work as I do not want to have to send my brand new tablet off to be looked at/fixed?

Many thanks in advance 😊
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
When you pay using your password the first time, doesn't it give you an option to toggle "use biometrics for future purchases"?
0 Likes
925Ebony
First Poster
Options
Not that I saw but this option is selected in the settings. I deleted my prints and and re-added them. When I tried to pay for something in the GPStore it informed me I had to enter my password as my biometric fingerprint had changed, so it is aware of them but just not bring it up. At this point if Samsung have no more tricks for me to try, I'm thinking a factory reset is next option and if it persists after, then there is an issue with my new tablet.
0 Likes
Plekuz
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem on my S5e for close to a year now and given up on it ever resolving itself.

Tried entering prints again, dropping cache for PlayStore and its services, all kinds of settings and even completely factory resetting the tablet. Never ever got it to work. All other things where I use my fingerprint work fine: unlocking the tablet, signing into apps, etc. But using it to one touch buy something? Nope.

0 Likes