Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Google Play Services stopped working

(Topic created on: a month ago)
wmlgk
Apprentice
Options

IMG_6635.jpeg

Hello! I opened my Samsung Tablet S6 Lite just now and this pop up appeared right after I unlocked my tablet. I tried to open few apps in my tablet and all of them are not working except for Gallery. I restarted my tablet few times and the same pop up appeared. I’ve also cleared all caches and datas for Google Play Service and Google Play, but that didn’t work. Does anyone know what happened and what do I need to do? Or do I just wait until it is fixed? Please help a friend out! 😭

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@wmlgk: If you're able to access the tablet settings, please try heading to Settings > Security and privacy > Updates > Google Play system update, to see if any updates are available that might address the issue.

Furthermore, head to Settings > Apps > Google Play Services > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Uninstall updates > App details in store > Update. 

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would recommend a factory reset.
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried force stop in google play service app and google play
G G
0 Likes
wmlgk
Apprentice
Options

@Ginga_p wrote:
Have you tried force stop in google play service app and google play

Haven’t tried that yet. Is it ok to do that? I’m afraid I will have trouble reinstalling and using the apps after that

0 Likes
wmlgk
Apprentice
Options

Will resort to this as my last option! 😭

Solution
AndrewL
Options

@wmlgk: If you're able to access the tablet settings, please try heading to Settings > Security and privacy > Updates > Google Play system update, to see if any updates are available that might address the issue.

Furthermore, head to Settings > Apps > Google Play Services > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Uninstall updates > App details in store > Update. 

wmlgk
Apprentice
Options

Hello Andrew! I’ve tried as per you suggested and my tablet is working fine now! Thanks a lot for your help!