Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Chrome tabs not responding

(Topic created on: 03-01-2021 05:53 PM)
Jabberwokky
First Poster
Options

I have recently purchased a Tab S7+ and after playing video in Chrome browser the tabs fail to respond. Not able to open new tabs without going to the menu or completely closing the app and reopening. So frustrating.

Is this a Google Chrome issue or Tablet operating system??

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
dl123456
Journeyman
Options

I see a very similar/related issue using vivaldi browser on my TAB A7.   I am unable to add a new tab to the browser by hitting the "+" on the top right (in my case) and sometimes am unable to close a tab a tab by hitting "x" on the tab.   Also unable to switch tabs by selecting them.   As you say closing the browser app completely is the only way out. 

0 Likes
Jabberwokky
First Poster
Options
Yes, this is exactly the problem I experience. So, it may not be a Google Chrome issue at all but a Samsung one.
Strangely (or not) it doesn't happen with Samsung's browser app. Hmmmm??
0 Likes
dl123456
Journeyman
Options

Good to know...as I was thinking it was just me not touching the screen correctly/accurately especially since it does not seem to act like this 100% of the time.     Some of the time it works fine as expected.   I have checked this with no other apps open or running.

0 Likes
Jabberwokky
First Poster
Options
Ok, yes If I find a solution/answer I'll let you know
0 Likes
Jabberwokky
First Poster
Options
So, this is definitely a Chrome issue after viewing video in full screen from the web browser. l uninstalled the Chrome updates and now it works fine.....so far!
0 Likes