Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye Samsung Tab S7

(Topic created on: 28-02-2021 08:35 PM)
design54
First Poster
Options
I have always loved my Samsung products and recently bought a Tab S7, which I love. However, I did buy the tablet for both home and business, wanting to do design work whilst out of the office. I use Affinity photo and design, but they do not support Android platforms, so I switched to Adobe as some of their apps do reportedly work on Android and Samsung devices. However, it appears that they are geared towards phones and not tablets. This makes no sense to me, especially when you consider the high performance software built in to the new tab S7. 

This means I am now faced with the decision to sell my new tablet and buy either an Apple Pro or surface pro 7, both of which will allow me access to Affinity and Adobe software - What a shame as I do love my tablet. 
4 REPLIES 4
TechnoSteve
Explorer
Options
Yes that's a pitty hence why I use a Microsoft surface Pro also. But I do like how all my phone features work on my Microsoft Pro using "your phone". Go for surface Pro rather than the apple Pro. The pro's keyboard design is awful with no mouse track, and I'm sure it don't support every MS product, good luck in your choice 🤞🏾
DNS9
Navigator
Options
Just keep it for home.

Don't let that beautiful tablet go to waste....
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
unfortunately samsung tabs are not very well optimised, I love my s7 tab but I don't use it for work at all it's purely recreational, just wish for other people they would take the apps more seriously and optimise everything, the s7 is much better tab but there is no denying the fact the ipads are better for productivity
0 Likes
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
yep, unfortunately the tablet is more than capable but Android is a tough job for app developers compared to iOS. one decent alternative to Affinity Designer is Concepts app, if you're looking to work in vectors. but again Concepts on the iPad is much better developed with more features. Clip Studio can also handle some vector work. i really do wish Affinity came to Android.
0 Likes