Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab won't unlock

(Topic created on: 17-02-2019 09:43 PM)
RobinElvin
Apprentice
Options

I am unable to get into my tablet after leaving it on charge. The unlock requires a PIN and biometrics are unavailable until next time. I enter my PIN and it just takes me back to the lock screen. It looks like the PIN unlock is crashing.

Because the PIN unlock doesn't work I can't reboot or shut down either.

How can I get around this? The battery is at 100% so it'll be over week before it runs out.

Go to solution
70 REPLIES 70
Chunkystab
First Poster
Options
how do I turn off password/code?
0 Likes
fluffy2
Student
Options

worst comes to worst, you could do a hard reset, but you will loose your data if its not backed up!

0 Likes
batman21
First Poster
Options

Your tip has helped me to resolve my tablet issue too (unable to login since this morning). Many many thanks!

0 Likes
Julia29
Student
Options

Same on my Tab A - power & volume down reboot has fixed it. Caused by changing my unlock pin and unlock settings.. tablet kept accepting old and new pins then got stuck in a loop on the unlock screen with the old pin.

0 Likes
eden188
First Poster
Options

What an absolute nightmare of owning this first Samsung tablet. I have only owned this for a week and came across this problem, no matter what I have tried, I cannot get pass the lock screen. This seems to be a widely known issue across Samsung's tablet, yet nothing is done about.

I have tried to do the remote unlocking using the FindMyDevice service, a good idea, but my tablet was not set up for this.

Anyway, just want to add my experience for a Samsung Tab S7 (SM-T870) with the recent updated Android 11 OneUI3.1. I have tried the suggestion here (Power + Vol Down), then (Power + Vol Up), spent hours and just could not get it to work. Then I have spotted a comment in a Youtube video that you need to plug in the USB cable to your computer (not sure if the charger will work also), and voila, now I can get into Recovery mode. It's still a major PITA that I need to reset my device to by-pass the lock screen.

This new tablet almost went out of the window. Samsung, you need to sort your act together!!!

0 Likes
Harmon family
First Poster
Options

Mine has locked me out with a password I never out on it. The reboot isn't working.

0 Likes
eden188
First Poster
Options

Have you tried to connect your USB cable into computer as I have mentioned in my post? I had exactly same problem, followed the instruction to reboot, but it would simply just go back to the lock screen again.

In the end, found a comment from a YouTube video who said to plug in the USB cable which I did, and I was able to go into Recovery mode. Note, I did a factory reset, which I couldn't do without the plugged in cable. Give that a try and see?!?

0 Likes
MrsMia
First Poster
Options

Thanks so very much! I was trying for hours and this finally worked!

0 Likes
Eeckhouse
First Poster
Options

I had the exact same issue! Thanks to all who posted here!!

0 Likes
Vicky71
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 6 that is completely locked.  I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.  The same screen comes up asking for a password with 4 characters and a letter.  Tried a soft reboot, a hard reboot, letting the battery drain which took about a week but nothing happens.  Have you come up with a password to solve this problem since so many people has had this problem.  Rebooting works for some  but not all. 

0 Likes