Support

Open search

Galaxy Tab won't unlock

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

I am unable to get into my tablet after leaving it on charge. The unlock requires a PIN and biometrics are unavailable until next time. I enter my PIN and it just takes me back to the lock screen. It looks like the PIN unlock is crashing.

Because the PIN unlock doesn't work I can't reboot or shut down either.

How can I get around this? The battery is at 100% so it'll be over week before it runs out.

44 REPLIES 44
Highlighted

Hi! This post is quite old so I'm not sure if anyone is still active, but none of these solutions seem to work for me. Power + Volume Down button just takes a screenshot, Power + Volume Up does nothing at all, and holding down Power + Volume + Home does nothing either. Holding Power does bring up the buttons "Power off" or "Restart" but when I click these it just tells me to enter my password; and of course, when I do it just takes me back to the Lock Screen. I've tried a whole list of solutions now and nothing has been effective. Please help!

Highlighted

I had the same issue and posted it here, nothing worked and I ended up doing a full factory reset of the tablet. I lost all data that was not backed up.

Highlighted

Try the power plus both volume buttons. It restarted for me.

Highlighted
Forced reboot with power + vol. down worked and tablet restarted with original pin now working.
Highlighted
brilliant! thanks it worked for me. galaxy Tab A ,only had it 2 weeks.
Top Liked Authors