Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab won't unlock

(Topic created on: 29-10-2020 08:45 PM)
RobinElvin
Apprentice
Options

I am unable to get into my tablet after leaving it on charge. The unlock requires a PIN and biometrics are unavailable until next time. I enter my PIN and it just takes me back to the lock screen. It looks like the PIN unlock is crashing.

Because the PIN unlock doesn't work I can't reboot or shut down either.

How can I get around this? The battery is at 100% so it'll be over week before it runs out.

70 REPLIES 70
awesome141
Apprentice
Options

If all else fails, you can use the recovery menu to wipe cache partition. Access method varies with model.

0 Likes
SunCrystalMage
First Poster
Options

For people have trouble with the Power Button + Volume Down method, make sure you hold it down for about 10-15 seconds before trying again or finding other methods. I thought it didn't work for me until I found someone from another forum briefly mentioning it. Even if your tablet takes a screenshot or the screen auto shuts off due to inactivity, KEEP HOLDING IT.  I really hope this helps. I understand how frustrating and scary this situation might be.

0 Likes
AMBERH
First Poster
Options

Thanks so much, same thing happened to my son's tablet, tried unlocking through the Samsung account, could not, then I read this post and used the power and volume down to force a restart.  After that, I entered the PIN and it allowed me in the tablet.  Thanks again.  MY son was going nuts. 

0 Likes
Samsweet3
First Poster
Options
Samsung Tab A. seems to have forgotten pin. I can't turn off or reset due to requiring pin to do so.
when I enter my pin it says 4 characters including 1 letter. I never had a letter in my pin. how do I go around this?
0 Likes
CVB1
First Poster
Options
  • The same thing happened to me. I logged into my Samsung account and tried to unlock it. This wouldn't work. I ended up having to erase the tablet remotely and reinstall. Luckily I don't have anything important on it.  
0 Likes
Ro999
First Poster
Options

This also worked on model sm-t510. Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
michael_c
Apprentice
Options

This keeps happing with one of our two Tab A's (both appear to be on the same software versions) and has been happening for about 2-3 months. Power + volume down works to clear the problem but give it a few weeks and you can bet it'll do it again. 

Lots of people are reporting this issue, come on Samsung isn't it about time you responded?

Lancinefof
First Poster
Options

Hi, I spent 12 hours without using my Samsung TAB A, so the same problem existed, I've tried this method it didn't work, it's is screenshot, why can I try? Thanks 

0 Likes
maeveleano
First Poster
Options

Thank you very much. The same happened with my Samsung Galaxy Tab-A. Thank God, I found this.

0 Likes
DhrubaChoudhury
First Poster
Options

But Pressing Power and Volume down it again asks for the PIN and even though again putting the correct pin and it asks the same to wait for 30 seconds again and again. Doesn't work for me!

0 Likes