Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab won't unlock

(Topic created on: 03-08-2020 10:35 PM)
RobinElvin
Apprentice
Options

I am unable to get into my tablet after leaving it on charge. The unlock requires a PIN and biometrics are unavailable until next time. I enter my PIN and it just takes me back to the lock screen. It looks like the PIN unlock is crashing.

Because the PIN unlock doesn't work I can't reboot or shut down either.

How can I get around this? The battery is at 100% so it'll be over week before it runs out.

70 REPLIES 70
Novala
First Poster
Options

Hi! This post is quite old so I'm not sure if anyone is still active, but none of these solutions seem to work for me. Power + Volume Down button just takes a screenshot, Power + Volume Up does nothing at all, and holding down Power + Volume + Home does nothing either. Holding Power does bring up the buttons "Power off" or "Restart" but when I click these it just tells me to enter my password; and of course, when I do it just takes me back to the Lock Screen. I've tried a whole list of solutions now and nothing has been effective. Please help!

Makster
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue and posted it here, nothing worked and I ended up doing a full factory reset of the tablet. I lost all data that was not backed up.

0 Likes
vikkiric
First Poster
Options

Try the power plus both volume buttons. It restarted for me.

0 Likes
TimoUK
First Poster
Options
Forced reboot with power + vol. down worked and tablet restarted with original pin now working.
0 Likes
chuckberry
First Poster
Options
brilliant! thanks it worked for me. galaxy Tab A ,only had it 2 weeks.
0 Likes
Trevorl
First Poster
Options

Worked for me also. Seems an update was pending also.

0 Likes
F0NZY
First Poster
Options

Thanks, this worked.  Looks like something bad with latest updates

0 Likes
Smurfette64
First Poster
Options

None of the solutions is working for me. If I press power and volume it comes up with the Power Off or Restart option but if I choose either I get the same result - it wants me the enter my pin - which is tells me is incorrect - it's not - and tells me to retry in 30sec. I can't even shut the stupid thing down or reset it. I'm tearing my hair out here. I was using it ok a couple of hours ago - put it on charge and now this UG!!!

0 Likes
RobinElvin
Apprentice
Options

If you keep holding Power + Volume Down even after the Power Off/Restart menu appears it will eventually power off.

0 Likes
FoyleFlyer
Pioneer
Options

The only thing I can think of is that the pin you are asked for could be one of two things, your personal Samsung pin or the default pin. If you know the default pin or you are using it and it doesn't work, is there anyway you may have changed it? If you don't know the default pin you could do a google search quoting your model number and requesting the default pin.

Hope this helps, 

Jim

0 Likes