Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S7 wifi problem

(Topic created on: 30-01-2022 09:39 AM)
Members_MMAbwMi
Apprentice
Options

Not long ago bought galaxy tab s7 wifi version and it came with android 11, and since day 1 I got problems with the wifi, my connection is 110mbps(Virgin) and the tablet can achieve that speed however a lot of times the connection is very unstable and can drop to 5mbps and even completely stop from responding, updated to android 12 and the same problem remains, in my household I got a lot of devices and not a single device has problem, even galaxy tab a 2016, galaxy tab a 2020, laptop and iphones all working good just this tablet is not good, the only solution that temporarily works is airplane mode or disable and enable wifi or restart which works for a while and then the problem appears again, however sometimes even that will not help because after solution on speedtest connection drops to 5-10mbps it's very frustrating and if not fixed soon I'll change the device for different brand because it's unusable.

5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
On the tablet
Connections Wi-Fi
Click forget
Restart tablet
Then go Connections
And login wifi
And see if that helps
0 Likes
hedwin
First Poster
Options

Found out the wifi on my tab s7 started a fireware update of my router, fritzbox,  that enabled wps3.
Somehow I managed to change this and wifi issue is gone.

Members_MMAbwMi
Apprentice
Options

It helps temporary but later becomes very slow again, I've done some research and it seems that problem is very common and a lot of people are reporting very slow and unstable Internet with tab s7 and s7+, the problem is dated after android 11 update and more then a year so don't think that samsung will fix it, its good device but unfortunately I have to switch to another brand because its unstable and unusable very frustrating.

0 Likes
Members_MMAbwMi
Apprentice
Options

Just wanted to give you an update, recently my Internet dropped for few hours and I activated hotshot from my phone with 5g and very good coverage, no issues at all connected all my devices TV, laptop and tablet streaming 4k on my TV, today bought new router and setup virgin but in modem mode only, the router separated 2.4ghz and 5ghz and now everything works perfectly fine no lag and buffering anymore. Overall my connection improved and it's very stable.

0 Likes
Dabate9780
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue  with my S7 and equally frustrated. I feel like this is a known software clitch that Samsung should be addressing.  Did all the so called fixes...all my other wifi home devises work fine. Works temporarily then back to the same bs..a useless $600 tablet...