Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S7+ next update

(Topic created on: 21-12-2023 12:07 PM)
Snap
Apprentice
Options
Last update on my device was dated 1 July 2023, no update since then - not even security update. When can I expect next one?

What about ONE UI6?

What about Android 14?
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Unfortunately the tab s7+ will not get one ui6 android 14. I believe security patches are now biannual.
0 Likes
Gussvontesse
Explorer
Options
It won't get android 14. Shame as it was not a cheap tab to get and 3 years on won't be updated any more. Puts me off getting another Samsung tablet in the future. Sadly since I have Samsung phone, watch and TV, it does not make sense to get an iPad. Will use this until perhaps Google releases better tablet I could use instead.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Feel exactly the same. S7+ has been doing great for me until now. I really cannot complain, but for the price they were asking it's a shame that it won't receive new UI already after 3 years.

Firouz Nikpour-Naini
First Poster
Options

Oh well, at this price, tab 7s+ will be my last tablet from Samsung. It's a powerful device, it can handle a new OS. Samsung wants to force us to buy their new products, so when I need to replace it, i will buy other brands. 

Eagle328
First Poster
Options

The cost of a Samsung's tablets should get you more years of updates. I've decided to drop all Samsung products. I only use Google for my phones, tablet, watches, and ear buds. Latest updates first and now 7 years worth of free upgrades on most devices now. Samsung is slowly becoming Motorola. It's time to jump ship. They want the money but you'll be treated as dirt as far as the updates go . 

stev12
Student
Options
It's still feels like it's not even an old tablet and they've already shut off getting more android updates. So disappointing
Tech Lover
First Poster
Options

I also feel very bad that Samsung don't give update life long for its flagship models also.

RonboUK
Journeyman
Options
Im gutted this was very expensive ive spent thousands on Samsung products. TVs, Phones, watches, ear buds and Tablets. Think i need to shop around and not be so loyal. Poor length of updates is no good to me. I think i will try Goolge Pixel next give them a go.
Members_fV9u6R9
Student
Options

I've been pretty loyal to Samsung, phones, tablets, ear buds, watches etc, but I think I'm now done with Samsung. Not impressed that my Tab 7+ which is relatively new isn't getting any more OS updates and also out of all the S7 tab family, the 7+ has been moved to biannual security updates rather than quarterly like the standard tab S7. The S7+ was an expensive device, not good enough Samsung