Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S6 Wifi Dropout

(Topic created on: 14-09-2019 05:20 AM)
Hartleyh
Journeyman
Options

WiFi keeps dropping out of new Galaxy Tab S6, when turning the WiFi button off in settings to try and reconnect the button keeps reverting to off and won't turn back on. I have to reset the tablet to get WiFi back on again which is very annoying. Any ideas anyone? 

36 REPLIES 36
jdawgcurtis
First Poster
Options
Same issue here. Very frustrating.
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hi @Hartleyh  and @jdawgcurtis , 

Try resetting network settings see that works. You can also contact the  Samsung's technical department and they may be able to assist you on the phone on how to reset the connection or they can access the issue from their end.

Did you try to clean Wipe Cache Partition to see if it will resolve the problem. Also, you can reboot and start in Safe Mode to check if it works...

Waiting for more informations. It could necessite a update to resolve it.

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
acc3d
Student
Options

Yup I'm seeing the same problem on my Tab S6, and it's not limited to any specific WiFi network. Hoping for a quick fix on this one Samsung.

Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hi @Hartleyh , @acc3d , @jdawgcurtis  Does the wifi problem occur when you hold the tablet in this position  or all the times  when you are turning the WiFi button off in settings to try and reconnect the button ?

If it happened when turning the WiFi button off in settings to try and reconnect the button it's only a update problem and can be repair easily. All of ou need to complain in the Samsung's Forum in « Contact us /Errors reports or Ask question »  if you want faster update from Samsung.

Screenshot_20190914-153651_Samsung%20Internet_3705.jpg

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
acc3d
Student
Options

It doesn't matter how I hold the tablet. Every time my wifi failed,  the tablet was just sitting idle

RyanCFC8
Apprentice
Options

I Called samsung Support they said that they have had a high amount of calls from tab s6 users about this issue but don't have a fix for it

Hartleyh
Journeyman
Options

I spoke to a guy in my local Samsung shop yesterday and was told a few people have mentioned it but there was no official response to the complaints. It's happening more often for me now and it's getting really frustrating. I may go back to using my Tab S4 as least I know the WiFi won't drop out on it!

RyanCFC8
Apprentice
Options

20190921_132610.jpg

This is from a live chat with Samsung Support Today so much for posting on the forums if they think they are "myths" and that we are not genuine samsung customers and this is done to "bad luck" them

grumpiegoblin
First Poster
Options

Has anyone got this fixed? I got mine on Friday and have the same issue. Tried wiping cache and setting a static ip, but that is only a valid fix for when I am home. Can't really ask hotelles to assign me a static IP. Did this late last night, so hopefully it works, but I have doubts. It happened twice before that within an hour. 

Talked with samsung on chat (norway) and was told to return it to the retailer, but this seems like a major issue, so a new unit might not be a solution. 

I also have a weird issue where I get a notification for software update - "connecting to server" that stays active for hours. And it happens several times a day. I know I can hide the notification, but that only hides that it's clearly an error.

I am using google wifi with 3 nodes for anyone wondering.