Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy tab s6 not fast charging

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 08:34 PM)
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
I can't get my tab s6 to fast charge. Anyone else have this issue?
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hi @Benny1980, can you check if "Fast Charging" is enabled? You can do this via: Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery > 3 dots (top-right) > Advanced Settings > Toggle on "Fast Cable Charging" and if it is, please toggle the function off and then back on.

Next, make sure that the tablet's software is up to date for maximum stability and updated features: Settings > Software Update > Download and install. If you keep having issues, please try charging the tablet without the case/cover and do a Soft Reset by pressing and holding the Volume Down as well as the Power buttons for 10 seconds. Finally, make sure to be using an original Samsung charger and that you are charging the tablet from a power socket and not from a PC/laptop.

0 Likes
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
I have tried that. I am using a samsung charger. it still charges normally. not fast. I have had it charging normally since I got it because I didn't want to use fast charging. but now i do and it won't work.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Benny1980: Are you using the charger that came packaged with the tablet, as if not then your current charger may not be able to generate the power required for fast charging? 

0 Likes
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
yes. I have 2 both with adaptive fast charging written on them. neither work.
0 Likes
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
hi. I just tried another one I found and it works now. don't know why the other 2 don't. must have different voltages. thanks.
0 Likes