Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S6 Lite touchscreen unresponsive

(Topic created on: 31-01-2022 06:38 AM)
Nickydwuk
First Poster
Options

Suddenly the screen ion my S6 Lite is not responding to touch. I cannot swipe the screen to unlock nor can I touch power down to turn it off. I have read a few posts about rebooting the tablet but they all need you to be able to access the tablet. I have only had it 2 months. Is there anything I can do to at least try to reboot it?

39 REPLIES 39
SauronX
Apprentice
Options

I have some updates about the issue.

My Tab S6 Lite started with that problem and after a few days it was dead! I tried forcing the reset by pressing the power button for  10 seconds and when it restarted the screen was flickering and presenting ghost touch. Since I am in the warranty cover period, I called Samsung's support and they replaced the screen and some kind of circuit board, whatever. Now the Tab is working just fine, the repair was performed one month ago.

0 Likes
AniD
Journeyman
Options

Your tab went dead, this should be considered seriously but mine is this random touch lag issue which they are neglecting and keep asking me to wait for next update! Man i am very dissapointed!

0 Likes
SauronX
Apprentice
Options

Yes! It's very disappointing!

Like I said, I had the same problem as yours and after a few days the Tab was dead. 

May I ask you where do you live? I'd suggest you to seek for your rights and force them fix the Tab for you, because it is clear to me that this is not a software problem. It's a hardware issue, a very sirious issue.

0 Likes
AniD
Journeyman
Options

Man i am From India truly known for its **** and arrogant customer service! In a country like this rights are against murders, political issues,... bla bla bla. For these small stuff naaaaaah. Uneducated politicians with no talents but just money power. Here you might know a youtuber flying beast who stood for his friend's rights, lost his job! What more you wanna know  about this beautiful country! And ya listen i was called purposely for the repair ie. the motherboard replacement for this tab on an islamic festive which is actually a holiday for the private sector so clearly they just wanna get rid of my concern so i too decided not to go because its just a waste of time, waiting for hours for the turn then getting back home with new unique excuses thats why i came here and thought to share my concern with you guys! And i thought if many people are raising such concern then might could be a android bug as google pixels too had the same issue and after update got fixed and even when this issue occurs when i lock and unlock the tab it resolves for a while and then again! And by the way thanks man for your guidance!

0 Likes
Manish1
First Poster
Options

Have you found any solution pls help

0 Likes
Manish1
First Poster
Options

Have you any solution pls help

0 Likes
Options

I've got the same issue with the regular Tab S6. It started after a Google update. I updated probably 10-12apps at the same time, so no idea which one is the culprit.  

0 Likes
Options

I've got the same issues on the regular Tab S6. 

0 Likes
Neon Empyreal
First Poster
Options

Yeah same problem for me - S-Pen works, but  using fingers gets no response from the touchscreen.

I had some luck by restarting in safe mode, then restarting back into regular mode. Safe mode is accessed by holding down the red power off button, it will then ask you to hit the green safe mode button.

A bunch of my apps have disappeared now though and not sure which ones, so maybe take a screenshot of your apps prior to doing this.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Al882
First Poster
Options

Same issue for my tab s6. S-Pen works, but  using fingers gets no response from the touchscreen. Does anyone in Samsung moniters this blog. It woul be nice to have some customer service. Thank you.