Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S6 Lite touchscreen unresponsive

(Topic created on: 07-08-2021 05:52 AM)
Nickydwuk
First Poster
Options

Suddenly the screen ion my S6 Lite is not responding to touch. I cannot swipe the screen to unlock nor can I touch power down to turn it off. I have read a few posts about rebooting the tablet but they all need you to be able to access the tablet. I have only had it 2 months. Is there anything I can do to at least try to reboot it?

39 REPLIES 39
Mikey7719
Apprentice
Options

My issue seem to resolve itself when I stopped using the Folio case I bought on Amazon for the tablet. Its the magnet in the case that messes with the tablet. Even if its on the back of the tab. It will just freeze up and only respond to s pen. Get rid of the magnet, and your problem disappears. I think this is a bad design far as this never happened on any of my other tablets. 

AniD
Journeyman
Options

Hey mikey! I even tried this without any case or so! Even removed the screen protector but what i felt earlier still persists every time! I'll suggest you to try pubg once play one or two matches then if you didn't feel anything strange like the sudden decrease in swipe senstivity then do reply i'll take your comment as a proof to service centre and advise them to take actions and stop making such illogical comments that 3rd party apps are not our concern and all! And which region are you from and your android version? Mine is Android 11 factory shipped as i purchased recently and region INU (India). And man thanks for your Cover Suggestion as well!! 

SauronX
Apprentice
Options

I'm having the same issue. I'm majoring using Samsung Notes to study or even browsing and randomly the screen becomes unresponsive only working with S Pen. My region is Brazil.

Did anybody find a solution?

AniD
Journeyman
Options

Ya man! Its pretty annoying! I have reported the issue via samsung members app! Its been 8 days! Whenever i ask something about the update, keeps saying your log files are being checked wait for some time bla bla bla! You too try reporting via samsung members app! Did you got the july patch? As it's released in many regions, lets hope it resolves after the patch! Fingers crossed

0 Likes
AniD
Journeyman
Options

I got the july patch but still the same issue! What should we do man! I regret my decision on buying this bullsh......! To each and everyone who are looking to buy samsung stuff just think twice before lookin forward! Google pixels too had the same issue and their concern was heard just within few days and got a stable patch. And here at samsung their careless service, arrogant customer service, just fooling the people around just to get rid from solving customer issues! Shame on you samsung! Never gonna buy any sam.... shi....... ever again!

Members_yhjg6qe
First Poster
Options

Hey Anid

Do you think I should return my s6 lite back?

I'm facing same issues and it's been just 3 days since I bought it off of amazon. It's just 9-10 seconds lag of the touchscreen but I fear it's going to get worse over time. 

0 Likes
AniD
Journeyman
Options

Man it won't get worse! But this much only be enough to annoy you! It won't let you game even on least possible settings! And while browsing or anything else scrolling twice thrice for a simple swipe is a real burden! If you still got the return period entact just go for it as i probably wonder how much more time would android 12 take to arrive which might solve this issue. So for you just return this ***** and go for an Ipad 8th gen with just 20 30 bucks more and a copy of apple pencil which hardly costs 30 40 dollars or so! I don't want others to feel the same as i have been runnin around the service centre and coming back with the same excuse everytime..... Have become a real pain and And that annoyance and anxiety of regret of buying this ***** man..... just return this and get rid of the burden!

0 Likes
MitchRams
Student
Options

I too have this problem. Have you found a solution?

0 Likes
ihatethis2
First Poster
Options

I also have the same issue. Reseting the settings brings it back to normal for a while before I have to reset it again. Very annoying and unexpected as I have only had the tablet a few days now. Plan on returning it ASAP though. 

0 Likes
AniD
Journeyman
Options

I reported the bug via samsung members ie. My log files were sent! After 20 days got the soln. that updating to the latest july patch released in august end (P610..........H2) something like this should resolve issue but didn't work at all! Still the same exact issue! If you can return go for it! These fools are just launching new products every year and doesn't care what problems the existing models are actually facing such irresponsible moooorooons #Sh*tty samsung service!