Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab S6 Lite not connecting to TV (via USB C - HDMI)

(Topic created on: 20-07-2020 02:37 PM)
TTS777
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Bought a Galaxy Tab S6 Lite and tried connecting to my Samsung TV (using the USB Type C to HDMi adapter) but it is not picking up signal.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Any idea how to get this to work please?

Thanks,

Tony 

43 REPLIES 43
danfoord
Apprentice
Options

I've not found / seen a resolution. I can only assume it's a 'bug' and I'm hoping it gets fixed in an update..... can't beleive that it's intetional.

grantls
Journeyman
Options

More research has pointed to the problem being MHL (Mobile High-definition Link).  The S8 supports it but the A71 does not.  MHL enables your USB port to support HDMI signals.  

grantls
Journeyman
Options

I think the problem is MHL.  You need MHL to support HDMI on your USB port.  Only the flagship Samsung  S range of phones support MHL.  None of the A series or S Lite phones appear to support MHL 😞

danfoord
Apprentice
Options

But does that mean not supported, or just that the cables / connectors need to be MHL enabled?

0 Likes
grantls
Journeyman
Options

With second gen MHL (USB C) you can get away with a non powered USB C to HDMI cable.  With gen 1 MHL (USB Micro) you'll likely need additional power. 

However, MHL is enabled at the hardware layer, so if your phone doesn't have it, like  Samsung S Lite series or A series don't have it, there is no way you can do MHL (cabled screen mirroring). You need a proper flagship phone for Samsung MHL. 

Which is a real bumma, because I love the A71, but I also love being able to screen mirror the S8. 

0 Likes
DrFeelGood
Explorer
Options

Hi - 

Dont waist your time or your money on cables and other accessories. IT WILL NOT WORK. 

Samsung screwed it's loyal customers by omiting support for their tablest to be able to simply connect the tablet using a USB C to HDMI cable to a Monitor, any monitor, weather it's a TV or a simple Monitor. 

Return the tablet and get yourself a $400 iPAD. Let this be a lesseon to Samsung. 

DrFeelGood
Explorer
Options

Paul - There is NO Resolution. Unless you have a smart TV that has screen mirroring aps, you WILL NOT be able to connect your Tablet to the TV or any Monitor by simply using a HDMI cable. 

Return the tablet and buy an iPad. Samsung deserves it for screwing its loyal customer base by being so ***** greedy! 

0 Likes
DrFeelGood
Explorer
Options

Grant - There is NO Resolution. Unless you have a smart TV that has screen mirroring aps, you WILL NOT be able to connect your Tablet to the TV or any Monitor by simply using a HDMI cable. 

Return the tablet and buy an iPad. Samsung deserves it for screwing its loyal customer base by being so ***** greedy!

Timnronda
Apprentice
Options

Yes. I received my new tablet last week and my usb-c adapter today. No signal!!!

Timnronda
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same issue!