Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab S6 Lite not connecting to TV (via USB C - HDMI)

(Topic created on: 08-07-2020 10:27 PM)
TTS777
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Bought a Galaxy Tab S6 Lite and tried connecting to my Samsung TV (using the USB Type C to HDMi adapter) but it is not picking up signal.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Any idea how to get this to work please?

Thanks,

Tony 

43 REPLIES 43
AndrewL
Options
@TTS777: I'm not sure that it's possible to screen mirror using a standalone USB C to HDMI cable, as you may require an adapter similar to the one linked below (for reference only, as this is from the US site)

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/usb-c-to-hdmi-adapter--black-ee-hg950dbe...

As an alternative approach, if you have a Smart TV, why not swipe from the top of your S6 Lite screen to the bottom, select Smart View from the Quick Settings menu, select your TV from the list of available connections and you should be good to go.
TTS777
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL: Thanks. My adapter is very simiar to the one shown in link below (but a different brand). I tried using the Smart View option but it does not mirrow screen / can only use it with certain Samsung applications (like Photos, Videos). I was trying to mirror screen so as to use Amazon Prime Video, Youtube, Telegram etc. (i.e. apps not available in my old Smart TV). Thanks.  

Dereku
Apprentice
Options

Hi all 

I am experiencing the same.  My TV is not a smart TV and is Panasonic brand.  I purchased a different Brand adaptor for USB-C to HDMI.  It works fine for my Samsung S9, however my Samsung Tab S6 Lite does not seem to pick up the connection.

Any advice?

Thanks all

danfoord
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue... have tried connecting to a TV and monitor using two different USB-C -> HDMI connectors.

Do only certain connectors work? If so, whats the specific spec required?

Or is there certain settings you need to activate for HDMI output to work?

Thanks,
Dan

danfoord
Apprentice
Options
Hi Andrew - see my post below + other posts in this thread. Any advice?

I'm using the following connector, which works fine on my iPad Prod (for example) but not on the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite

https://uniaccessories.io/products/usb-c-to-hdmi-adapter-4k-60hz-uni-usb-type-c-to-hdmi-adapter-thun...
Dereku
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL and @danfoord

Same here, I have used the one @AndrewL and a couple of others and it doesn't work.  The S6 Lite does not come with Samsung Dex.  I have no issues with my S9 phone and screen mirroring

DrFeelGood
Explorer
Options

This is absolutley bonkers! IT IS JUST STUPID! 

Poor samsung, they're starving, they' don't have enough sales, so they have to nickle and dime their customers. Why doesn't a $400 tablet have this very simple option available to it?  I purchased the Tab A only to find out that it doens't work, then I upgraded to Tab S6 lite, only now to find out that this doesn't work either. I'd like someone fom Samsung to explain to me why? Why do you refuse to make this option available to your consumers. it's a mater of some simple software. the hardware is there, why are you screwing with your customers? 

I'be been a Samsung user since day one, but honestley, after this, I am serousley considering switching over to Apple. Yes, I dont like Apple, I dont like its restrictions, but as everyone is been telling me over the years... "IT JUST WORKS".  

grantls
Journeyman
Options

Similar problem here with my new A71. I can happily connect my old S8 to a TV or external monitor with aUSB C to HDMI cable, but cannot with the A71. Is there a setting that needs changing or is the A71 a great leap backwards? Thanks. 

PaulD8
First Poster
Options

Is there any resolution to this or must we just accept the S6 Lite doesn't let us stream to a TV?