Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab S6 Keyboard cover issue - clicking space changes the language

(Topic created on: 23-02-2020 04:12 PM)
DustInEst
Journeyman
Options

I have a issue with keyboard cover, which I rarely use. Today I found out when pressing space it acts as keyboard language switch and does not enter space. Is there anything I could do or should I contact Samsung for replacement? 

Just for disclaimer: it never dropped nor being abused. No exposure to liquids.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@DustInEst: Typically you can change language on the Samsung keyboard by swiping left or right on the Space Bar to switch between any selected languages, or press and hold briefly, followed by a swipe to scroll between options. If you tap the middle of the space bar on the keyboard cover, does it change language?
0 Likes
DustInEst
Journeyman
Options

@andrewl thank you for your answer and my excuses, if my message was a bit confusing. I am trying to press space at keyboatd cover keyboard. Fn+space works as expected. But pressing space acts like language switch key next to space. I even tried to press far left sidenin hardware keyboard. Still - no luck.

NB! The keyboard worked month ago when I last time used it. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@DustInEst: When you press the spacebar, can you check if the language switch key to the right is moving at all? If you remove the cover and re-add it, does this help?
0 Likes
DustInEst
Journeyman
Options

Just tested. No, the language button next to it does not move at all. Also no hel remove and reconnecting the keyboard.

Fn+space switches trackpad on and off- so looks like space is working as expected.

0 Likes
Solution
DustInEst
Journeyman
Options

Got it solved. Just got an idea to switch it off and on again! And holy sweet wrony! It worked! So, it is a fault in software not hardware.

TL;TR: restart solved the issue.

Not sure if it helpsnbut I think there was keyboard firmware update somewhere in the end of january? i haveny restarted my tablet sonce I got it lt and almost never used the keyboard. And as I was thinking about it, I thought perhaps the OS in tablet and keyboard firmware update got lost on the way. Perhaps they changed the protocol how key clicks are read and what is sent from the keyboard. As a software developer Inunderstand this issue. And as a software engineer I do not understand how this issue could happen when delivered to consumer. It isnquite simple bug which could be easy to discover.

Anyway, thank you mods for quick reaction!