Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S5e - Security Pin

(Topic created on: 02-12-2020 01:20 AM)
deryckr
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I have configured my tablet to enter security pin and fingerprint to unlock my device. Usually when the tablet is powered on,  I will be asked to enter my pin once, and any future unlocking (without powering down) will be done via fingerprint.

I also have a work profile on my tablet and have configured my tablet to have one security pin for accessing my tablet as well as work profile, and I would only need to enter one pin when the device is powered up. This was working fine for months.

However as of this week, when the tablet is powered on, I am asked to input one security pin to access the tablet and another for the work profile. This means I need to enter security pins twice when the tablet is powered on.

Can you assist me with having the tablet only ask me to enter one security pin while being powered on (as it used to work this way previously)?

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@deryckr: Can you try heading to Settings > Accounts and Backup > Users, and tap the cog symbol next to your work profile to see if you're able to adjust the security requirements from there? 

0 Likes
deryckr
Journeyman
Options

Hi.

I configured the work profile to use the same pin as my normal profile, but yet I am being asked to enter security pins twice upon startup.

I am use Samsung UI 2.5 and Android 10, and this issue only occured this week, but before it worked perfectly whereby I only needed to enter one security pin at startup.

0 Likes
deryckr
Journeyman
Options

Hi. This doesn't solve the problem

0 Likes