Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab S5e HDR Support?

(Topic created on: 15-02-2020 10:40 AM)
Chrisbazz
First Poster
Options

Is the S5e supposed to support HDR? Playback doesn't work in any video player like it does on the S4. Very strange that a device with the same screen does not support it. 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
SamiS
First Poster
Options
Question above is still relevant. This issue is preventing me to buy S5e.
0 Likes
mole51
Explorer
Options

I can confirm the S5e does NOT support HDR. I've played the exact same HDR movie on a Tab S4 using MX player and the colours and brightness are all excellent but the same file on MX player on the tab S5e results in extremely washed out colours and is basically un-watchable.

Furthermore I downloaded a Display tester app on the play store and it reports that the display is not HDR and also doesn't display wide colour gamut. 

Having said all of this, watching a non HDR 4K (8GB or so) movie with MX Player on the Tab S5e is a glorious experience; so much detail and vibrancy and the Dolby atmos speakers are some form of witchcraft!

Rule1840
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my S5e.  It does not recognise MKV, AVI MPEG MP4 videos in my SD card,  this is the same card I used in my Tab s2  but it worked well and played all videos,.  I tried using different paid player such as MX player pro, VLC and GOM Player but same result videos wont play.  I used different converter offering correct format that Samsung tab recognizes but still the same.  I am really frustrated as I have just acquired my unit.  Please help.

0 Likes
mole51
Explorer
Options

I use MX Player (free) and it's played every file I've thrown at it, whether MKV or MP4 etc.

It even plays 4K files as long as they're under 10GB as otherwise the bit-rate is just a tad too high.

But it's definitely played every 1080p file I've put on it.

0 Likes
Rule1840
First Poster
Options

Hi thanks for your response.  I have already tried it and files are nomally just below 1G and even not on high resolution but still file wont play.  I also tried copying one file to my internal memory to check if this works but still the same.  all files play normally in PC and laptop

0 Likes
Appieboy66
Student
Options

Ive bought the tab s5e because i only use it for multimedia,

If you go over to xda forums there is a super easy guide on how to get hdr on a youtube vanced app. And how to enable hidde settings.

If there is a mod reading this. I would like to know why my 400 euro tablet has options hidden, and why i as the customer have to explore the web to know this

0 Likes
Balling
Pioneer
Options

That is not Samsung problem, Google did not activate HDR for youtube app because Snap 670 or 835 does not have anough power to accelerate VP9.2 that is used in Youtube, or at least it was bad at that time.

0 Likes