Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S4 USB C headset with mic error in calls

(Topic created on: 24-11-2020 10:23 AM)
jfelipe
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and I am testing two headsets with mic, both using USB-C connector:

• Plantronics (now Poly) Blackwire 5220.
  • Logitech Zone Wired.

I have not been able to make any of these two headsets work with any call/videoconference app (MS Teams, Skype, etc.). The incoming sound is always reproduced through the built-in speakers of the tab. Interestingly all system notifications are reproduced by the headphones, and all music from players (Spotify, Musicolet, etc.) is also reproduced without issues.

From the Musicolet app I can see the devices are detected as "USB headset", so there may be an issue recognizing the headset/mic combo.

Has anyone experienced similar problems? I would appreciate any suggestions to overcome this issue. I would really like to have privacy in calls without resorting to a Bluetooth-based device.

3 REPLIES 3
manu_community
First Poster
Options

I have also always experienced this issue and it is incredibly annoying.

This could be solved very easily imo.

Can Samsung fix this?

The following devices show no issue with external headsets: pixel 1, pixel 4a, huawei p20 lite, p 20. The Tab S4 is the only device i've used where the feature does not work.

0 Likes
Johnny
First Poster
Options

Same with Jabra headsetts connected to usb-c port,

Everything works fine for music and YouTube, but not for Calls and Teams 

Anyone seen a reply or  solution to this ?

CD0
First Poster
Options

Same here with the original Samsung USB-C Headset. The Samsung Support Hotline did not know about this issue,  could not help and wanted me to reset my tab.  Idoubt this will help so I would like to have an SW update from Samsung that fixes this issue! 

0 Likes