Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S4: I cannot have more than 720p on Netflix

(Topic created on: 12-10-2018 09:25 AM)
filozof71
Journeyman
Options

Hello colleagues,  I cannot have more than 720p on Netflix on Galaxy Tab S4. All settings ok, account level ok. Should be a 1080p.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
filozof71
Journeyman
Options

@AntS Yes I have brand new Galaxy Tab S4

I do not checked audio synchronization . I  have problem not having 1080p on Netflix.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Cheers @filozof71. Presume from what you've said that everything's fine with your network speed etc? Are you using the Netflix app or going through a browser?

0 Likes
filozof71
Journeyman
Options

Yes @AntS I have 90Mbps. I use Netflix app from Play store. Not Samsung neither Netflix want to say it is ok, or I shall have 1080p. Waiting for anybody else with Galaxy Tab S4 to confirm that.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Cool. Would definitely encourage anyone with a Tab S4 and Netflix to test this out and post their findings here. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

I’m guessing it’s the latest version of the app you’ve got; and that you've tested whether you can get a 1080p stream on the tablet using another app, e.g. Amazon, to narrow things down to just the Netflix app in this case.

filozof71
Journeyman
Options

@AntS wrote:

Cool. Would definitely encourage anyone with a Tab S4 and Netflix to test this out and post their findings here. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

I’m guessing it’s the latest version of the app you’ve got; and that you've tested whether you can get a 1080p stream on the tablet using another app, e.g. Amazon, to narrow things down to just the Netflix app in this case.

Exactly. In Poland Amazon Prime is not so popular but I took their free week test and planty of films have 1080p sometimes is 720p but is displayed. Sometimes movie starts with 720p and then stabilizes on 1080p. Probably next better is 4K. I was naive thinking that ultra HD will scale automatically to the maximum screen rsolution the device has.

Gtaadicto
Apprentice
Options

The Ultrahd apk (the second one) lets you have 1080p on the tab S4 

h t t p : / / 1 9 9 . 1 7 5 . 5 3 . 2 1 / n e t f l i x l a t e s t . h d o n l y . a p k (Force Enable HD only)
h t t p : / / 1 9 9 . 1 7 5 . 5 3 . 2 1 / n e t f l i x l a t e s t . u l t r a h d . a p k (Force Enable UltraHD only)
h t t p : / / 1 9 9 . 1 7 5 . 5 3 . 2 1 / n e t f l i x l a t e s t . u l t r a h d w i t h d o l b y 5 . 1 . a p k (Force Enable UltraHD with Dolby 5.1)

0 Likes
directx1971
First Poster
Options

I tried these apps , the problem with them is they don't have HDR , plus they all have noticable color

banding in dark scenes , test with Punisher the first episode that is called 3 am for example , it is very noticable there

With all theese apps but the original one from app store doesn't have banding but caps at 720p , but on the plus side

The app with 5.1 sound makes a huge difference (using tablet speakers not earphones) , so i don't understand why we

Don't have 5.1 sound in the app store version ?

So right now we either choose  to have 1080p+5.1 sound but with no HDR and color banding or

HDR and no color banding but with 720p and no 5.1 sound.

Pretty strange situation if you ask me as i see no reason for not having an official version that has it all

They just need to add 1080p+5.1 sound .

0 Likes
Smittyg
First Poster
Options

my issue isnt related to 720p. its related to the app. How is everyone installing netflix app on their tab S4 ? i've tried and it keeps saying device isnt supported by the app. Samsung support said tab s4 isnt configured for netflix app. I've also seen some tab s4's with smartlock feature,but mine doesnt have it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Hello again, @Smittyg

To activate Smart Lock, please go to Settings > Lock Screen and Security > Screen Lock Type > Set a Medium to High security option (everything but 'Swipe'). Now, go back to the Lock Screen and Security menu and Smart Lock should now be available for selection below Screen Lock Type.

The Netflix problem is a strange one. Please can you confirm where you purchased your Tab S4, as if it was intended for use outside your current region then this may be what's causing your compatibility issue.
0 Likes