Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S4 audio slightly out of sync when using streaming video apps

(Topic created on: 02-09-2019 08:07 AM)
sotis_tseles
Explorer
Options

Hello to everyone!
Three days ago, I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Tab s4, and coming from the Nexus 10 I was astonished by the speed of the device!
The only thing that bothers me a lot is that whenever I try to watch YouTube, Vimeo, Netflix, Facebook videos or any other streaming video app, the audio is out of sync slightly from the video. This happens only when using the tablet speakers or wired headphones, but not with Bluetooth headphones. On Bluetooth the audio sync if perfect. Also playing locally stored files on the tablet itself, the audio sync is perfect regardless of using speakers, wired or Bluetooth headphones.
I've searched and tried everything I could find like, double reset device, latest update, clear apps cache, clear whole tablet cache, disabled stock anti-virus, force gpu rendering on developer options, playing Youtube videos from browser and not the app, and other stuff (all limited to legal actions, NOT rooting, etc) but nothing works!! 

Is this a known issue Samsung? Have other users reported this? Are you planning on solving this with an update?

I'm willing to flash a custom rom on the device (been using LineageOS on my Nexus 10) but can't find anything for Galaxy tab s4. Also I'm afraid to do that because if there is a harware issue then the same will happen if rooted and I would loose the warranty.

Thank you!

37 REPLIES 37
sotis_tseles
Explorer
Options

Hello! 

With the latest tablet update (December 2018) the issue appears to be solved .

0 Likes
Tirnanog
First Poster
Options

Hi, bought my Samsung Tab S4 Wifi one week ago and the same issue with Netflix and video player from local file. Heavily out of sync, roughly a second. I would assume I have the latest OS version. Please fix quickly, this is ridiculous for such a high-end product.

0 Likes
sotis_tseles
Explorer
Options

Hello! 

Make sure that your software is the latest version, check it don't just assume 🙂

I had the same problem (I'm the person that started this thread) and it was solved with the latest update. To be honest I didn't believe that Samsung would resolve this, I thought that they were going to ignore it. But I was in for a surprise 🙂

0 Likes
Tirnanog
First Poster
Options

My software is up-to-date (ran a manual update with no result) unfortunately so I am still waiting for a fix. Really annoying, even in every Youtube video...

0 Likes
Asmo
First Poster
Options

I just bought a table from Best buy and have the same issue audio is really out of sync with netflix

Current version is T830XxU2ARK4

0 Likes
Lrw1
First Poster
Options
I have just bought and updated a tab s4 and have out of sync audio too.
0 Likes
mitopa
Pathfinder
Options

Looking forward for an update on this.

Is there a ticket number?

the audio/video synch issue happens on both tab s3 and tab s4, apparently only with streaming video.

to confirm the problem, just visit your local best buy store  and pick a tab s4.    The problem does exist.

0 Likes
mitopa
Pathfinder
Options

Bump...

0 Likes
JonasK1
First Poster
Options

Bought my one two weeks ago, all updates same issue with netflix and youtube. I bought this mainly for video watching..so frustrated and disappointed with samsung quality. Moderator?  

I will share this on all of my social media channels. In this price category this is just not acceptable.

0 Likes
Drahmann
Student
Options

Same EXACT issue

With Bluetooth, the audio is perfect.

With wired (Samsung) headphones and the goofy usb c adapter provided there is a delay

0 Likes