Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy tab s2 wifi intermittent issue (internet may not be available)

(Topic created on: 17-06-2018 03:36 PM)
k07
Student
Options

Just got my galaxy tab s2 and there seems to be a intermittent wifi issue. Occasionally it will show the wifi symbol in the status bar with an exclamation mark (!) Beside it. When I got into the wifi settings it says 'internet may not be available'. After a few minutes it will re-connect to the wifi. This happens on both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz frequency.

I've tried downloading a wifi fixer, I've reset network settings, and turned off nearby device scanning. I've also tried doing what a forum suggested by changing the ip settings from dhcp to static but it wouldn't connect to wifi at all. Not sure what else to try other than taking it back.

Any help is appreciated

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ThomO
Pathfinder
Options

Hi, @k07

Have you ensured that the software is completely up to date on your tablet? 

Does this issue occur on all WiFi networks? 

0 Likes
k07
Student
Options

As far as I know the software is up to date. Not sure another other wifi but happens on mine, both 2.4 & 5 Ghz. Still happening in the replacement tablet I got since first post. I'm thinking it is down to the android version 

0 Likes
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Can you set up a Wi-Fi Hotspot on your phone and test the connection with that? Let us know if you receive the same error symbol. 

0 Likes
Cof
Apprentice
Options

I have a similar wifi issue after updating my Tab S2 2016 from Marshmallow to Nougat. Same for my S8 updated from Nougat to Oreo. Before that, I was using Singtel Arcayan router. I tested with other brand of router Asus and Linksys, which solved the wifi exclamation mark problem.

Ecuadorian
First Poster
Options

I had the very same problem and found the solution at another forum. Just switch to airplane mode and activate WiFi. Works for me so far.

Vestfoldhills
First Poster
Options

Thank you. Finally an answer that worked. Simple fix too.

0 Likes