Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S2 keeps restarting

(Topic created on: 02-06-2021 10:23 PM)
Psinc23
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung Tab S2 and it keeps restarting, it's highly frustrating, can anyone help to rectify this problem

Cheers,

Psinc23

40 REPLIES 40
CarlH
Options

Hi @Psinc23. How often does this occur? Is it when using a particular app or at random? Also, please confirm how much internal storage is available and the Android version you're currently running. You can find this in Settings > Device Care > Storage and Settings > About Tab > Software information, respectively. We recommend to have 10% storage available to ensure your Tab runs smoothly. 

0 Likes
Psinc23
Journeyman
Options

Hi, 

Thanks for getting back to me quickly. It happens all the time, I start up the tablet, put in PIN code goes to main screen then shuts down and restarts, same process all the time. I managed to update to the latest version, I can't get into the information you need as it keeps restarting to quickly or freezes

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Can you start it in Safe Mode please? This disables third party apps which may be causing the issue too. To do this, restart/ power on your Tab but whilst it's powering up, keep the 'Volume Down' button held down until you reach the Home screen. If done correctly, Safe Mode will be displayed in the bottom left corner. 

0 Likes
Psinc23
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I started it in safe mode but it restarted itself back to the same problem but not in safe mode

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
When you say you managed to update to the latest version, what do you mean? Have you flashed the device? My TAB S2 is going strong but there haven't been update for years.
0 Likes
Psinc23
Journeyman
Options

When went into settings I just scanned for an update and accepted it

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
Psinc23
Journeyman
Options

No I use it every day.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
How did you know there was an update? Did you get a pop up notification? In the meantime, are you able to clear your cache partition? If that doesn't help you will need to follow the link I posted, to see if you can recover the device.
0 Likes