Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab S2 9.7

(Topic created on: 05-04-2017 09:06 AM)
PrettyPolly
Journeyman
Options

Hello,  I'm an 87 year old GGGmother who has just received a Samsung Tablet S2 SM-T813 as a birthday gift.  I unpacked the tablet from the box and put it on charge.  Green battery appeared 100% after about two hours.  Having disconnected the charging cable I pressed the on button to start.  The Samsung logo appeared, quickly followed by another Samsung logo and the tablet came to life ..........  However, I only use the English language and the screen is all in Japanese or Chinese! 

How do I get English on screen, please?

I only know a little about these things and would greatly appreciate instructions that are easy to follow, please.

Thank you for any help.

0 Likes
Go to solution
10 REPLIES 10
KiwiBird97
First Poster
Options

Method 1: During Initial Setup

When turning on the device for the first time, you will be asked to select the system language. Scroll up or down to select the language you want to use, marked with a blue dot and gray cursor, such as English (United Kingdom), and tap OK. Then tap START and follow the instructions to set up.

Screenshots taken from the North American/European version.

Welcome screenWelcome screenLanguage selection screenLanguage selection screen

Method 2: Post-Setup

1. To change the language after the setup is complete, go to Settings (gear icon) > General Management (three lines icon) > Language > Add a Language > New language > New country/region. Since Chinese and Japanese are all the way at the bottom, you need to scroll all the way down (the list is in alphabetical order, you know).
  2. For example, to add English (United States), on the Add Language screen, select English, and then United States. You can also add languages not in the preinstalled list, such as English (India) and English (Singapore).
  3. Once you have finished, move the language to the top of the list to set it as the default. If an app does not support your default language (at the top of the list), the next supported language will be used instead.