Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 Battery Replacement

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 04:21 PM)
George1988
Voyager
Options

Is it possible a technician to replace the battery on my Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 version and how much is going to cost me?

Also the tablet can only charge if connected to a power bank and not to the original charger.

Obviously I need someone to tell me if that is related to the battery or what could be? I`m lookinfg forward hearing from you. 

Regards 

7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds more like the charger. Can you try another cable/charger. Cables usually fail before the charger
George1988
Voyager
Options

@Pugs1957 wrote:
Sounds more like the charger. Can you try another cable/charger. Cables usually fail before the charger

I have tried a few chargers and the outcome remains the same.

Could it be something related to the mainboard or the charging circuit? 

Regards 

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@George1988: If the issue has persisted with multiple cables/chargers then the problem may lie with the USB port on the Tab itself. To be sure, can you try connecting to a home computer via USB to see if you can generate a charge at all? Also, if you check the USB port, can you see any dirt or debris that might be affecting the connection?

If your problem persists, reach out to our Help Desk via the link below and an advisor will be able to explore your available repair options.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
George1988
Voyager
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@George1988: If the issue has persisted with multiple cables/chargers then the problem may lie with the USB port on the Tab itself. To be sure, can you try connecting to a home computer via USB to see if you can generate a charge at all? Also, if you check the USB port, can you see any dirt or debris that might be affecting the connection?

If your problem persists, reach out to our Help Desk via the link below and an advisor will be able to explore your available repair options.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Will try.

Again, thank you for your asisstance! 

Regards 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Sorry for the delay. It could be a faulty USB port which is a cheap repair. Best to get this checked out at a service centre. I bought my Tab S2 at launch and am pleased with it so far.

0 Likes
holdylocks
Student
Options
how much would it be,for a technician to replace my galaxy tab a
0 Likes
holdylocks
Student
Options
with new,battery