0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
Campbelllinda
First Poster
Options

I turn on wifi but it won't come on.

@AntS wrote:

Hi @Bowdy.

Just to confirm, is the Wi-Fi not switching on at all from Apps > Settings > Connections? If so, was anything changed on the tablet just before this started, e.g. a software update or app?

Nothing has been  changed. 

0 Likes
Jesjones2222
First Poster
Options

:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Thanks for  this tip! No issues with wifi once sd was removed and device was restarted. 

0 Likes
Chado
Journeyman
Options

I tried all these suggestions and finally did a factory reset.

Now i cant even setup my tablet because wifi still will not come on.

It says "An unauthorized attempt has been made to reset your device to factory default settings. Connect to a Wi-Fi or mobile network to verify your identity."

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

0 Likes
wilnati322
First Poster
Options

I have tried other suggestions but all failed to fix the issue, until I found this. (I already gave up after months of troubleshooting and searching for right solution) My tablet is now back to normal after I removed the μSD card and restrated it. Thank you so much!!!

0 Likes
Dr13
Student
Options

@anaaabelleeeee wrote:

Hi there! 

I was experiencing the same problem when I found a tricky solution as to why my wifi won't turn on. My SD card was corrupted. I simply removed it after i turned off my tab and switched it on and the problem was solved! Thanks for the video I watched on Youtube by AKXX akash gunowry, the link is pasted below:

How to fix wifi not turning on 2017 [UPDATED]: http://youtu.be/cmVnv-uIe-s

Hope this fixes your problem as well! :smiling-face:

I have been trying to solve this problem for months now.. I came across your post, *****.. I could kiss you, it WORKED PERFECTLY.. THANK you for posting..de  

0 Likes
Dr13
Student
Options
I've tried for months and about gave up.. *****, it worked.. I'm so ecstatic I read your post. Thank you SO MUCH. deb
0 Likes
AntS
Options

@anaaabelleeeee wrote:

Hi there! 

I was experiencing the same problem when I found a tricky solution as to why my wifi won't turn on. My SD card was corrupted. I simply removed it after i turned off my tab and switched it on and the problem was solved! Thanks for the video I watched on Youtube by AKXX akash gunowry, the link is pasted below:

How to fix wifi not turning on 2017 [UPDATED]: http://youtu.be/cmVnv-uIe-s

Hope this fixes your problem as well! :smiling-face:

Glad it's sorted it for some folks! :smiling-face:

And interesting. :thinkingface:

For anyone else experiencing this issue and you know it's the SD Card, can you send an error report with log files as soon as you notice it to our software team via the Members app?

Samsung Members > Get Help > Send Feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > attach a description and tick ‘send system log data’ > Send.

(Or: Long-press the Samsung Members icon on the Apps screen, and select Error reports from the dropdown menu, etc.)

0 Likes
Chado
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for the response. However, it may have been a corrupted SD Card, but I tried the previous solutions to no avail. Now though, I am having a different problem. Since I had restored my tablet to factory defaults, I cannot even access my tablet since I cannot get online to verify my identity.

I am hoping that someday I will be able to figure out a solution and be able to use my tablet again.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Chado
Journeyman
Options

I removed the SD Card and restarted the tablet, but I still cannot get the WiFi to turn on.

After starting the setup process, it gives me the "An unauthorized attempt has been made to reset your device to factory default settings. Connect to a Wi-Fi or mobile network to verify your identity."

I click "OK"

It goes to the "Choose a Wi-Fi network" screen and says "To see available networks, turn on Wi-Fi."

I click "Turn on Wi-Fi"

and nothing... (it clicks and 1/2 second later refreshes, but still the same screen asking me to Turn on Wi-Fi.

I am at a loss here...

Could it be the Wi-Fi card inside?

There has to be some way to get this working.

It just happened overnight back several months ago.

Thank you.

0 Likes
DynamicWinnipeg
First Poster
Options

Hi there! I have a TabE with the exact same symptoms you're describing. Did you ever find what was wrong?

0 Likes