Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy tab E

(Topic created on: 01-01-2018 01:52 PM)
Dolly120472
First Poster
Options

Hi

I have a Samsung Tab E 8GB, and I do not have enough available storage space to update the apps installed.  I do not understand this as I only have 7 games installed and they are saved to the momory card.  I have no music, videos or photos on this tablet.  When i go device memory, system memory, used space and miscellaneous files are taking up most of the space.  Samsung say

There's isnt  much I can actually put in an 8GB tablet since the 'Available memory' is only 5GB. The rest of the space is used up by the operating system and the pre-downloaded applications that came with the tablet.  So what is the point in a 8GB tablet if you cant put much on it.

As I said most of the apps I have downloaded are saved on my memory card.

Please can anyone help???

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
John4Oh
Helping Hand
Options

@Dolly120472

Are you able to update the games one at a time and once updated save it again to the memory card? Because once you update the app usually you have to move it to the memory card again.

0 Likes
Dolly120472
First Poster
Options

Thank you for response much appreciated.

All games are shown as being stored on SD card. However I uninstalled one of the larger games that showed as being stored on SD card and this freed up space on the devices hard drive. I don’t understand this surely if it was saved to my SD card it would have freed up space on SD card and not the device itself?

Also SD card says total space 28.96gb and available space 26.31gb, I would have thought if all my games were stored on the SD card more space would be taken up?

So after all this I am not sure if the games are actually stored on the SD card even though when I go to settings then application manager and I click on SD card all the games are ticked as being stored on SD card I will attach a picture.

I would appreciate your feedback.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Dolly120472

It still does really confuse me why manufacturers continue to sell devices with 8Gb of internal storage memory when even that is taken up by the Os and some is gated off for future updates. 

Its sometimes appeals to people because of pricing and to those that are not going to download apps etc and strictly surf the internet and use emails etc. 

I have talked to so many who then have to micro manage that space.

Most seem to outgrow that small amount of space quite quickly.

A person can help take back up space by deleting cache and data of their apps and clear the cache of the system file.

Its possible your games data and cache are on the device and the game files for the App are in the Sd card. 

Deleting....

Old Calendar entries. 

Memos. 

Wallpapers. 

Tones. 

Emails and attachments. 

There are sometimes options to remove baked in apps via package disablers from the play Store but be careful on what you disable. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Dolly120472
First Poster
Options

Hi

Thank you for response much appreciated.

All games are shown as being stored on SD card.  However I uninstalled one of the larger games that showed as being stored on SD card and this freed up space on the devices hard drive.  I don’t understand this surely if it was saved to my SD card it would have freed up space on SD card and not the device itself?

Also SD card  says total space 28.96gb and available space 26.31gb, I would have thought if all my games were stored on the SD card more space would be taken up?

So after  all this I am not sure if the games are actually stored on the SD card even though when I go to settings then application manager and I click on SD card all the games are ticked as being stored on SD card I will attach a picture.

I would appreciate your feedback.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm thinking the game app file deleted from the Sd Card and then the games cache and data deleted from the phones storage. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Dolly120472
First Poster
Options

Sorry I don’t understand what you mean would you mind explaining? Much appreciated 

0 Likes