Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab A7 screen keeps locking

(Topic created on: 14-08-2022 03:46 PM)
poppelina35
Student
Options

Hi I have a 2020 Galaxy Tab A7 and the screen keeps locking randomly. It can be instantly after unlocking the device or from a few seconds up to a few minutes after unlock. This happens whether I am touching the screen or not. It is not powering off, it's just locking the screen but makes the device unusable.

I've tried the following to resolve it but nothing has made any difference.

Removed case in case magnet affecting it.

Software is the most current version.

Screen time out function increased to max.

Opened in safe mode.

Soft reset.

Hard reset.

It's not worth paying for a repair but I would like to attempt a repair myself before replacing.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

10 REPLIES 10
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Have a look at settings
Display
Screen time out
poppelina35
Student
Options

Thanks Steve, I tried that before posting. Increased it from 30 seconds to 30 minutes (there is no option to select never lock) it made no difference.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
It may be a sticky power button rather than the magnet sensor or a software issue. As you want to attempt your own fix try a toothbrush to clean any debris out from the button slots and see if that helps. I don't know how much you'd be able to realistically open the tablet to tear it down anyway because of the metal and glass without doing major damage to the screen. Yes there's a thin panel at the top but even so, it will be tricky getting the plastic tool in there to lever them apart
0 Likes
Babelman
First Poster
Options

I have the same a video will play,but can't  pause it,have to push power button  and swipe to open it and fine for a while, but goes again have tried loads, cache removal etc  help

Warren in bc
Student
Options

Same here. Device almost new. Screen timeout 30 min.

Randomly locks. Takes 10 or more tries to wake, unlock.

Battery over 50 percent.

I suspect a firmware glitch or hardware fault.

Warren in bc
Student
Options

I wonder if its the magnetic case sensor in the tablet.

0 Likes
smsant
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem too. Screen timeout 30 minutes, battery over 50, but still it randomly locks and takes 10+ tries to wake. Super bizarre and annoying.

I've had this tablet for over a year, but this problem only started happening this summer (June 2022). Was it a software update?

0 Likes
Jorx876
First Poster
Options
Have you had any luck in solving the problem?
0 Likes
Jameswalter
Journeyman
Options

Open Settings.
Tap Display & Brightness.
Tap Auto-Lock.
Tap Never.

0 Likes