Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab A

(Topic created on: 21-11-2020 09:06 AM)
Cliffinhappy
First Poster
Options

I bought this 14 months ago and was excellent. But then it almost caught fire, too hot to touch. It had been well looked after, always in a case, only charged with the original lead. It was in perfect condition. It was returned to the shop and sent to Samsung who declared that it was my fault, I’d broken it, a lie. Samsung also think me stupid as they wanted £273 to repair a tablet that costs £159 new. The warranty isn’t worth the paper it’s written and they think all its customers are *****s. Will never ever by anything made by Samsung again. Don’t like companies who treat their customers with contempt

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What were the circumstances, in detail, of what happened?
0 Likes
Cliffinhappy
First Poster
Options

I bought the tablet from my local John Lewis in July 2019, along with a £50 protective case and screen protector. I really look after my devices. It was used daily and was good. It was always charged using the Samsung lead. The tablet still looked like new. Then it nearly caught fire. It was upstairs on charge. When it had enough time I went to unplug it, but the lead had melted into the charging port. It was almost too hot to touch. The tablet itself even through the case was very hot as was the plug socket. So it was returned to John Lewis who sent it to Samsung for repair. Who then alleged I’d caused the damage so it’s my fault. It’s not as if Samsung devices haven’t caught fire before is it. They told John Lewis they would repair it though for just £273, nearly twice the price of a brand new one. This is just deliberate use of the small print to excuse themselves of responsibility. Will be taking it for an independent assessment and quote to see what really happened and what it really costs to repair. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Couple of questions. Were you using the leads that came with the tablet and apart from the case was anything covering the tab?
0 Likes
Cliffinhappy
First Poster
Options

Yes I was using the supplied lead, it’s the only lead I ever used to charge it. I always.take great care of my gadgets. Apart from the fire damage, it looks as new

0 Likes